By Relevance - 13/08/2010 04:03 - United States

Today, my husband fell for an online scam leaving us 1450.00 in the negative. We get paid tomorrow and most of our money is going to cover that debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 134
You deserved it 7 802

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that you shouldn't let your husband anywhere near a computer anymore.

I_have_no_clue 0

You should have married his smarter, better looking brother.

Comments

..............your husband is an idiot.........

YDI for having joint accounts when you married someone who is braindead. think about it this way though, op, at least you can cover that debt in one week. that's more than a months salary for a lot of people.

ydi for having a husband that falls for an online scam :)

Well, surely you should contact the police about this? If the money was acually just taken out of your account.. surely there is things out there to help you get it back/get money by your bank. Is there no indenity theft cover? Do something about it?? It's not as if you husband brought anything for that money, i get the impression they took it out your account with his card details; has the bank not realised the money withdrawn was by someone else?? (they seem to be good at that in the UK... or not.. i'm not sure...) And your husband is dumb, FYL Soz OP

Since it was an online scam, it will have to be the cyber police. OP, make sure you back-trace it.

imright24 0

YDI for having a stupid husband. People should never have fallen for those scams when they started. There's no excuse now that they've been in the news for years.

I can get 500 free iPods if I put in my social security number here! That seems like a good idea!

I keep waiting for my PS3, Xbox360 and iPhone I won to arrive, I wonder what's taking so long. I gave them all of the information they wanted. With my address, SS#, credit card number, it shouldn't be taking 3 months to get it.

Your stuff must've been lost in the mail.

I'm surprised people still fall for scams online. Jeesh.

I_have_no_clue 0

You should have married his smarter, better looking brother.

OP, I'm Trollz4daLULZ, here with a one-time special offer! This is a special cyberlotto! What you do is PM me your credit card numbers with expiration dates. If one of them is drawn in our lucky lottery, we'll send you FABULOUS PRIZES!!! ENTER NOW!!!!