By Anonymous - 03/09/2014 18:24 - United States - White Plains

Today, my husband asked our tax professional if we could file my profession as "Expert Dream Murderer." I'm a guidance counselor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 746
You deserved it 5 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wannabesinger 16

All throughout middle and high school, my guidance counselors told me I would never be a vet tech, I wasn't smart enough, and "oh well my son thought he wanted to be one too and then he got bit by a dog so you'll change your mind!" Now that I'm in vet tech school I want nothing more than to revisit them and shove it in their face. Tell me I can't do something, and I'll show you I can.

Comments

to take this to next level give your business card to tax professional... no words after that...

If she divorced him over something like that, she really would be a dream murderer.

If someone divorces someone over that, then A: They're a retard. B: The "sanctity" of marriage that anti-gay marriage people always hype on really is nothing but fantasy bullshit.

cryssycakesx3 22

the divorce rate is so high because nitwits like this actually split up over these things.

that was the point of the comment. i guess it only made sense to me lol

thats cold. the gc's i know have helped many ppl get to where they want to go. im sure youre great at your job OP :).

cryssycakesx3 22

should have guided you to spelling and counseled you you in punctuation...

i didnt day that i was guided by any. And using abrevations doesn't mean i have bad spelling.

I'm just kidding haha, your husband was just cracking a joke don't let it get you down. I know a few peoples whose lives have been changed because of people like you, so thank you!

For most part guidance councillors are full of crap. Hopefully you're not one of the many

I have ads for "Dream Killers", maybe an ad like that showed up for him and he thought he could use it xD

has your husband ever discovered you trying to find the perfect dozen of eggs at kwik-stop in Jersey?

Nyarlothatep 12

She was at it for, like, 20 minutes..

Guidance counselors sometimes help by being the person to prove wrong. In high school, I was told by my guidance counselor that I wouldn't make a career in ballet. Now I teach ballet and her daughter is one of my students.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Guidence counselors aren't there to tell you yes or no you can't do this career. They guide you. Using your example they would say ballet is a difficult profession to get into and then give you other options that fit your interests. These options would have a better chance for you to get a job and make a decent amount of money. Sure you made it in ballet but maybe only 3% of people going into ballet get jobs and that is what they wanted to point out.