By MDWilde - 30/03/2012 18:28 - United States - North Pole

Today, my husband and I found out that our daughter's chronic stomach aches are due to gluten intolerance, so we need to cut all wheat out of our diet. We're bakers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 380
You deserved it 3 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why do you have to cut it out of all of your diets, instead of just your daughter's? Also, it's possible to bake gluten-free food.

It is possible to have gluten-free flour, I believe. You could even specialize in making bread for those who have intolerance of gluten.

Comments

As the above comments, there is other stuff you can bake with.

Just because you make it doesn't mean that she has to eat it

TheBonzaiGirl 0

Does your last name happen to be melkark?

TheBonzaiGirl 0

Thanks that's what I meant! :D

No worries. Kids are resilient. Her body will adjust to the wheat. I guarantee.

Or she'll develop bowel cancer. No worries. Idiot.

Llamacod 11

Flyingfox, you are a complete fucktard. If she has celiac's disease she will not "adjust" to wheat. Her body is missing proteins to digest wheat products so it is impossible to "adjust"

you are a ******* idiot! I know of many adults that suffer from celiac!

I guarantee you should rethink giving medical advice until you acquire an IQ of at least 75.

My best friend has celiac disease. There is absolutley NO WAY to ADJUST to celiac. She once ate something she didn't know had gluten in it and she was sick for a whole week. So go ahead. If you find someone you know with celiac and they listen to what you say, they WILL end up in the hospital. SO SHUT THE HELL UP.

I happen to have a gluten intolerance, and the food isn't bad at all. And I also am lactose intolerant. So check into vegan recipes that are gluten free.

Gluten AND lactose intolerant? Shopping and eating out must be so hard.

desireev 17

26- I feel your pain! I'm in the exact same boat as you are. And yes, grocery shopping is a pain. My gluten intolerance isn't nearly as bad as my lactose intolerance, though. Which really sucks because it all tastes sooo good! :(

A lot of times if you are gluten intolerant for a while you can be lactose intolerant because of your damaged villi in your small intestine but as your stomach heals sometimes you stop being lactose intolerant. Not always, but sometimes......

Ahh the things parents do (and don't do) for their kids :)

sheffmeister62 1

How does your daughters inability to consume gluten affect your ability to continue your business as bakers?