By stupiddog - 15/04/2014 12:08 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my house was robbed. My two 70-pound German Shepherds obeyed me when I told them to attack. They also obeyed the robber when he said, "Sit". FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 361
You deserved it 5 275

Same thing different taste

Comments

Teach them to take orders only from you

This is why police use german when they tell there dogs to attack!

A good firm Auss can call off an attack if the dogs aren't trained to obey the handler and specific people only. A platz will also make them drop to the ground usually... German is over used.

You can put the commands t other languages. But be careful of hand signals. Sometimes a dog will follow the hand signals not the words so the command is useless. You could say anything and still get the same result.

andits 21

Those are some two well trained dogs.

You should have just kept going back and forth until he got close enough, like red light, green light. "Attack!" "Sit." "Attack!" "Sit!" "Attack!" "OH GOD GET HIM OFF OF ME"

Ohhh my god funniest comment I've read in fml

Next time OP's command should go like this: "Attack and don't sit. Attack and don't sit..."

Might be abit much for a dog to understand 72

Mortoli 30

I was just thinking that after I read ops comment lol. Although if they that trained what if robber told them to attack? You think they would turn to attack? Lol

"Attack" "Sit" "Attack" "Sit" "Sit" "Attack... OH GOD"

TabooSushi 24

This is why I've trained every dog I've ever owned in a made up language like Elvish or Al Bhed, something that it isn't likely anyone else would know. Limits the possibility of a bad person commanding my animals against me.

KatsFaerie 7

Al Bhed for the win! Al Bhed vun dra feh!

buttcramp 21

23, you're awesome. I like your style.

chaseb95 12

You're supposed to train them in a foreign language. That's what security and armed forces do

That's odd that they would obey the robber, german shepherds are generally hostile at default to strangers, and then they play off of you and how you treat them to see how they should behave towards the stranger. If you were acting hostile towards the stranger, the shepherds SHOULD attack him/her. My guess is that you or someone else trained them to be friendly to all strangers, practically killing their guard instinct.

And thus why my dog is trained in a different language that not too many others know. Also my dogs are trained to listen to a select few, not strangers.

If I was in your situation, I would've grabbed the closest weapon and start beating him with it.