By B-Rizzle - 20/12/2009 13:40 - United States

Today, my grandparents thought it would be acceptable to give me and my wife Christmas presents to take to my ex-wife, along with a card saying how much they missed her and to get in touch with them next time she is in town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 030
You deserved it 3 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My current wife is very sweet and nice and the ex is terrible to me and my family, but they still won't let her go for some reason. I have tried talking to them but they refuse to listen to me or believe what I say. And to answer #9 the card was not in an envelope.

jikanganai 0

Nobody is saying the OP expects his family to hate his ex-wife. If they want to keep in touch with her, that's their prerogative, but they need to do it on their own. To communicate to the OP's ex-wife through him and his current wife is just plain rude unless the three are on good terms.

Comments

Hermyoni 0

How incredibly rude to ask you to take the gifts to your ex. I hope you and your wife refused or at least kept them for yourself. If they wanted to give your ex gifts they can do it themselves! FYL but hey I hope you got a free present at least.

great idea. say "we no longer keep in touch. we'd prefer if you did this yourselves. " grow some balls.

wudnt suprise me if the ex was only a bitch bcoz she didn't want a divorce or something. I want details as to y she's so 'bad'... parents seem to b right in the end..

but still, that sucks. I'd hate my mum writing to my ex. there's a reason we broke up. talk to ur parents bout it I rekon.

I can't see the problem here. When you get divorced, it doesn't mean that your grandparents immediatly hate her as well. (do you hate her? I guess so.) The little sister of my ex (for about 4 or 5 years ago) still likes to see me, just like his mom. People have their own thought and feelings, if they like her, deal with it and stop complaining.

them liking her and keeping in touch is one thing, but to throw that in the new wife's face is rude and disrespectful. and you are supposed to support your family. so, if it makes OP "feel better" for his whole family to not speak to the ex, they should respect/support him enough not to stay in contact with her some people are very ignorant and have to be told this.. old people usually think they can get away with anything b/c they are older (respect your elders) and they think their grandson isn't going to be rude/disrespectful to them by telling them to stop.

I can't see the problem here. When you get divorced, it doesn't mean that your grandparents immediatly hate her as well. (do you hate her? I guess so.) The little sister of my ex (for about 4 or 5 years ago) still likes to see me, just like his mom. People have their own thought and feelings, if they like her, deal with it and stop complaining.

I agree with the OP. There is something called family loyalty. If I divorced my husband I can guarantee that no one in my family would contact him again, in respect for me. It wouldn't upset me if they did because I'm not a vindictive or bitter person but I know my parents, brothers etc and they would stop all communication with him. If the grandparents so desperately miss her and still want to see her then they should have looked for her in other ways not ask the ex husband. Its very insensitive.

jikanganai 0

Nobody is saying the OP expects his family to hate his ex-wife. If they want to keep in touch with her, that's their prerogative, but they need to do it on their own. To communicate to the OP's ex-wife through him and his current wife is just plain rude unless the three are on good terms.

Wow, it's logic and normal courtesy in an FML thread. What is this madness?

I wonder how old you are. You clearly still have fairly healthy grandparents, but you've already been married twice? Whew. Anyway, that sucks, especially for your wife.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

because she's a psycho stalker that tracks down every person whose FML's get posted