By failing - 16/10/2015 16:40 - United States - Greenbelt

Today, my grandpa passed away. The only emotion my dad showed was anger, because my grandpa owed my dad money. Now he wants to take it from my grandma, like he's some sort of mobster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 399
You deserved it 1 542

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your Dad sounds like a real stand up guy.

I don't know your dad, but maybe that's him hiding pain? I'm sorry for your loss, though.

Comments

Your Dad sounds like a real stand up guy.

Should show him what true mobster life is like by beating the crap out of him.

I don't know your dad, but maybe that's him hiding pain? I'm sorry for your loss, though.

CrassKal 27

I don't think this deserves down votes. Society tends to look down on men for appearing emotional. The only "acceptable" feelings to present being happiness and anger. Perhaps OP's father is unclear on how to express himself, and since he can't be happy became angry. He then needed a reason for his anger, so he chose money and labeled fixing the debt as a means of dealing with his grief/anger.

CrassKal 27

I would also like to say that I don't intend to be an armchair psychologist, simply assisting to explain #2's point.

My uncle did the same thing. Men are weird.

I agree with y'all, but still don't go robbin Grannie.

grogers311 20

Wow hardcore douche move - F your grandma's life

smathers44 18

That is very selfish of him OP. I'm really sorry to hear that. He should be helping you and your grandmother through the loss. And I'm sorry for the loss of your grandpa.

lexiieeex3 32

Sure, steal from the grieving widow. Logical choice there.

married couples share finances. it sucks, but money owed should be money payed.

Money, the root of all evil. That, and cats.

Greed would be better than just saying money, not like the money is killing people. Ignorance will do that shit too

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil... Know your shit before you quote rhetorical prose that you have heard.

10, I bet there's a cat causing all of this! A cat probably killed OP's grandfather, and then convinced OP's dad to harass grandma for the money. Evil, evil feline!

Maybe I don't give a shit how accurate a quote is. And I wasn't quoting anything specific.

The OPs dad may not necessarily have no heart. The dad and grandpa may not have had a great relationship. They could have fallen out ages ago, and never made up. The granddad may have been awful to his son or vice versa. There's not enough information to judge anybody here.

OP's grandparents are not necessarily his father's parents, they could be from his mother's side and it's a really ******-up in-law relationship.

I agree. it may even be the amount of money too. If someone owed me a couple thousand dollars, I would want my money too. Although I would definitely wait for a bit after their death to hound their widow.

True. However, he now wants to go after the grieving grandmother to recover his funds. How about allowing a little time for recovery before starting collections?