By ch - 04/03/2009 05:40 - United States

Today, my grandmother patched up my $300, vintage, limited edition, designer jeans because she thought I'd accidentally ripped them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 301
You deserved it 90 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well thats what you get for buying $300 jeans.

Maybe now you can reflect on how absurd it is to spend $300 on Jeans that are ripped, simply because they are "trendy"...

Comments

$300 is a lot, but it's her money, not yours. I hate judgmental people. Anyway, this sucks, but she WAS just trying to be nice.

katburton13 2

By saying you hate judgmental ppl... Doesn't that make you judgmental by judging them based on their judgments? Do you therefore hate yourself?

We're not being judgmental, we just don't get why anyone would pay $300 for RIPPED jeans. Do you expect us to feel sorry for them because their overpriced britches got sewn up?

Ikcor 0

You're not just an idiot for buying $300 jeans, but for buying $300 USED jeans. "Vintage" is just code for "old and used." And "pre-ripped"? You're lame.

hotzstuff89 0

hahahahahahahaha. that is NOT what vintage means! vintage just means they kind of look old timeish like 50's 60's not used!

Actually, vintage implies that the item in question is from the 1980's at the very latest, so it's likely that something vintage is used, because who buys a pair of jeans in 1980, then throws it in the closet for 30 years without wearing them once? :) Of course, it's entirely possible that the jeans are not truly vintage and someone is a cheat/very stupid and marked them as such in a ploy for more money.

starallure 0

oh that sucks!! ew why would someone buy jeans from walmart

ShannonBitt 29

because a lot of people don't have the money to buy a $300 item that would be used everyday, let alone a pair of jeans which would be worn occasionally.

ShannonBitt 29

because a lot of people don't have the money to buy a $300 item that would be used everyday, let alone a pair of jeans which would be worn occasionally.

Give me 10 bucks, I'll go to the op shop get you your 'vintage' jeans then I'll rip the jeans for you personally.

Ahahahaha!! That is hilarious. I am a seamstress in a tailor shop and I see those kind of pants all the time. I think they are incredibly stupid. $300 for a pair of ripped up jeans that you could have paid $5 at a second-hand shop for, what a rip-off.

mischiefkel 17

Agreed :) it's always fun to go to some thrift store or goodwill or something and find some expensive, high end, brand name item for 5-7 dollars.

DenBriZel 31

Yeah. I found a Guess jacket at a goodwill outlet store. Those go by the pound. I would never pay 300 bucks for a jacket, but hey 4? Heck yes lol

you moron. by buying jeans like that, you're trying to prove to everyone that you're like the working class of america, who's jeans get like that due to use over and over again, not buying them pre-worn FAIL and btw, this isn't fml worthy. more like, "I'm a moron" worthy

King_of_Kings 3

who pays ******* 300 dollars for a pair of cheap knock offs? i'll bet my 12 dollar jeans from Wal Mart will outlast your knock off jeans. mine probably look better to.

"Vintage" and "designer" shouldn't be in the same sentence. Whatever, it's your money, but it sounds really silly to me.

obama08 0