By blah! - 08/12/2013 13:19 - United States - Newington

Today, my grandkids went around my house claiming items to inherit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 627
You deserved it 4 104

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell them you're donating it all to charity.

MichellinMan 20

Goddamn young whippersnappers.

Comments

lightanddark 17

now you know what to leave them--nothing

What a generous grandmother, giving her grandkids valuables left and right. I wish mine were like you!

Hiimhaileypotter 52

No, actually I think the grandkids are just assuming they'll get their grandparents' stuff.

cryssycakesx3 22

maybe if OP was your grandparent you'd learn something.

I was being sarcastic, for the record. I think OP and/or OP's own child needs to have a talk with the grandkids!

Leave them poop in a box. Give the rest to charity.

Zimmington 21

Who's Charity? Is that his beautiful 20 something mistress? Or... is Charity *dramatic pause* you?!

I don't know what's worse: that, or my grandmother constantly bringing up what she was leaving to me before she passed in a very frank manner and showing me stickers with my name on them on the bottoms of her things... Probably your situation, though... How rude and thoughtless of them.

Karcasm 7

At least your grandmother is willingly leaving you things that she thinks you'll cherish. That's a lot better than someone being TOLD "I'm taking this when you kick the bucket".

I don't disagree, it was only bad because it was awkward and depressing. Kids are awful, hopefully they'll grow out of it.

You have my sympathy, OP. I can't relate to the grandkids at all. When she was alive, my well-intending grandmother would sometimes mention items she wanted me to have when she was gone, but I found the topic too upsetting to discuss much further and would change the subject.

Make sure they get none of the items they claimed.

skipper2009 18

My sister and I are already doing that with our mother. But we only do it as a joke.

Rainhawk94 27