By NickC - 29/11/2009 00:40 - Malaysia

Today, my girlfriend's parents wanted to cook dinner for me. After a whole day of cooking up a storm, her parents cooked an elaborate meal of roast lamb, pork chops and grilled chicken. Rejecting a meal is like spitting in ones face in Chinese culture. I'm vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 195
You deserved it 14 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LaytonexLuke 0

Why didn't you tell them that when you found out they wanted to cook for you? Unless you had no idea until you arrived for dinner. In which case, FYL indeed.

alex_vik 0

That sounds like a hell of a meal you missed out on.

Comments

Oh wow, that sounds horrible. What an awful situation to be in. If that were me, I'd probably throw up just trying to eat it. Ugghh. Major, major ups if you attempted to eat it.. if you didn't, I hope they weren't too offended. Did your girlfriend not know? You think she'd've warned them!

If you're religious, man was made to eat meat (not just meat though). If you're scientific, man evolved to eat meat (thus the canine teeth are pointy). Also if you're scientific, man can eat whatever he wants because he's supposedly intelligent. The problem lies not in health, or evolution, or religion. The problem lies in culture. If he likes his girlfriend more then his diet choice in life, sacrifice for one night. It's not like you're breaking some forsaken rule. Seriously. If your choice of eating habits is greater then your feelings for your girlfriend, dump her before you eat and get the hell out of there. Simple solutions for dumb people.

dudeitsdanny 9

Gorillas and other apes have HUGE, pointy, sharp canines... They don't eat meat.

that is where you're wrong. i have to watch a video in bio about chimpanzees tearing a little monkey apart and eating him.. horrific. covered my eyes

They do. Point is, they're omnivores, like us.

birds_fml 7

If you're scientific, you know that humans evolved to be able to eat meat, and we also evolved to the point where we are able to make choices based on our own personal ethics, which animals cannot do. We no longer need to eat meat to survive. Humans evolved to cheat on their partners, too, but that doesn't mean that we should. Please try another argument.

If you're religious then, in Eden- the perfect world- man ate only plant. God only gave meat to a flood-ridden world, bare of most life. If you're scientific, man evolved to eat meat, because they had to, to survive... before you could go and grab something from the store. So, now that it is no longer an 'eat or die' thing, we can evolve past meat eating, easily. It is culture... but it's also about morals, in this instance. He would be forsaking HIMSELF if he ate it. She should have told them, he should have checked, and I'm sure they have something besides pure meat to eat, anyway.

Punkartmama 0

What kind of jerk-ass girlfriend do you have? She should have told her parents that you don't eat meat! That sucks!

You'll definitely learn a lot with a family dinner :)

Stop being an asshole and eat your own meat.

Jonathan33 0

YOU DISGRACE, MY FAMURRY! *stabs self with a samurai sword*

Last I checked, moron, "Samurai Swords" are... Say it with me now, 'tard... JAPANESE, NOT CHINESE.

#52: you do know that you can be malaysian-chinese right? japanese and chinese are different races. being malaysian is a nationality not a race, and countries like malaysia and singapore are known to be extremely multi-racial. attempting to insult people without having your facts straight doesn't reflect highly on your intelligence level.

thanks for analysing all the fun out of this hilarious joke dickwads

Raymab67 0

Well many Malay people are vegetarian so it should matter yeah?? just tell them and i'm sure they would be ok with it. ( insert fail attempt to speak malysian) tidak apa-apa ya?? LOL:P

I was just thinking this. Being a vegetarian is probably quite common there.

Um no they're not. Anyway OP's girlfriend is Chinese not Malay.

sharon_ellj 0

Orang Malaysia bangsat, mati aja loh semua. His girlfriend's parents are Chinese. My parents are chinese and yes it is very disrespectful to reject or throw away food. Compliment the aroma of the food, OP and kiss up. Stick to your morals.

1. Surely your gf would have told you her parents were going to cook a meal for you, in which case you could have said "make sure they know I'm vegetarian"? 2. Surely they cooked more than JUST meat... i don't know anybody who cooks JUST meat for dinner... you could eat the vegetables. That's not rejecting the meal.

they should have asked you first, who cares if they find it insulting, it was a nice thought for them to cook for you but if you're gonna spend all day cooking i wud check with the person im cooking for to make sure the food youre cooking doesnt insult them... meat to a vege is against their beliefs just the same as rejecting a meal is against the other persons. both people are insulted here...

Me too. The moderators are probably all over this, waiting.