By whoops - 01/08/2014 20:45 - United States - Vincennes

Today, my girlfriend's dad returned home from deployment. Being the grade A fucktard that I am, I got flustered and asked, "So um, did you make it back?" He looked me dead in the eyes and said completely deadpan, "No, obviously I died. Moron." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 358
You deserved it 25 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He respawned like in a first-person shooter.

you deserved it. at least he had some sort of humor whether it was sarcastic or not. maybe he'll forget. but you deserved that one. you even labeled yourself as a "grade a fucktard"

Comments

Well, could be worse... And at least he didn't call you worse than a moron... Good thing he made it back though, eh?

If I was him it would have been a different experience for you.

Why? I mean, it was just a fuckup in their head.

Of course, obviously OP didn't mean it though. You've probably said something equally as stupid at some point too. Oh, and thank you for your service.

The most I say is welcome back. We have gold star families visit every year. So we will never speak ill of our fallen. Even if they weren't the nicest person we still show that respect.

OP didn't show any disrespect. He got flustered and said something dumb. People do that. Not a big deal.

rocker_chick23 27

He wasn't being disrespectful, he had a derp moment which happens to everyone.

I don't know why it would be a different experience for the OP, but I'm glad it wasn't you. It sounds like you'd further damage Military Veterans reputations on top of being in jail for assault. Sarcasm was the perfect response. I just returned from a deployment in May, I was and am still asked many dumb questions, like "What was it like in Iraq, Vietnam?" and "How many people have you killed?" but even the dumb questions are usually out of curiosity. Lighten up.

Don't worry, we all get a little " dumbfounded " at times . It's happened to me plenty of tunes before .

Damn how did you manage to **** that one up?

CurlyQute 17

Everyone does something like this at least once in their lifetime. And whoever says they haven't are either lying or it will happen to them later.

That's one of those moments where you say something then realize you just said something totally stupid. Sometimes it can't be helped

You're just a spaz. You'll outgrow it.

daydreamer244 13

Sounds like your brain shut off for a moment.