By Anonymous - 02/08/2014 04:00 - United States - Houston

Today, my girlfriend interrupted my proposal to take a selfie with the ice cream I had just bought her. She then said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 151
You deserved it 6 464

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like the best thing that's ever happened to you.

ouch, sorry that happened OP! there is no doubt about it there are better out there for you. Keep your head up!

Comments

She sounds like such a sweetheart. Sorry, OP!

I'm sorry. She does know that no one on Instagram will care about her ice cream selfie right?

While it must have been heartbreaking and all, I can't help but feel if you had talked about her views on marriage and if she's ready to take the next step or not, this wouldn't have happened. If you just popped the question out of nowhere, it's understandable that she was shocked and reacted like she did. Not blaming OP in any way, but I think marriage is something both sides should talk long and hard about before you propose like that. And everyone hating on the GF, stop. She has no obligations to say yes, especially if she never said she was ready to get married. Sorry for the long rant, just my $0.02.

cryssycakesx3 22

unfortunately, it wasn't important to her.

Lil_Red777 21

I always see people comment oh you should've talked to her about her views on marriage beforehand, maybe he did and she said she wanted to get married. Just cause she doesn't want to marry him doesn't mean she didn't want to get married in general. And me personally, I'd rather my proposal be a surprise like that.

True 71, but I think that a couple should be talking not just about whether one wants to get married in general but married to each other. They should be planning a future together before one proposes in my opinion. The proposal itself can still be a surprise because no one knows when it will come (or how he will do it) even though it's been talked about. Plus, I feel like there might be less rejections and heartache if it was talked about before hand.

don't worry OP it sounds like she was too much to in herself anyway who stops to take a selfie in the middle of a propose? you will find someone better.

anormalperson 25

kelsorg, its called a spelling mistake.

oh I get it, when you agree with something a spelling error doesn't matter. FML people make a lot of sense.

Looking at your profile, it's safe to say that you're salty. Probably an ass too.

It is an error, unlike your lack of capitalization, which seems to be a choice. If you're going to be an ass about the errors of others, make sure you yourself are error free. Oh, kelsorg, you're also missing a comma in your second comment.

lol, I wasn't being an ass. it sounded weird. and you don't know what salty is.

cryssycakesx3 22

salty asses are better than sour asses...

What a bitch, you even bought her ice cream!

I think you need to ask why in private. If you are ready to take the step and she isn't you should at least know why.

Who cares what the reason is? She's not interested in marrying OP. That's the only information he really needs.

What if she doesn't want to? That's all the reason she needs.

cryssycakesx3 22

he should have asked her show she feels before proposing to her.

Her heart is as cold as that ice cream.