By Gus - 30/11/2012 19:30 - Canada - Richmond

Today, my girlfriend confronted me for forgetting to take the trash out. At some point during the argument, I tried to calm her down, and the words "I should of" escaped my lips. She spent the next ten minutes calling me stupid and laughing at how my grammar goes to hell when I'm distressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 296
You deserved it 4 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a feeling this will be one of the most grammatically-corrected threads in the history of FML. That should serve as fair warning to all the "ur" idiots out there.

I think saying it is fine since it sounds like "should've." Your girlfriend sounds like a bitch, OP.

Comments

thatKidzmOm 10

At least at that point she wasn't yelling anymore. Quiet laughter is better than the headache that comes along with someone yelling.

Who said it was quiet laughter? It could have been boisterous guffaws!

thatKidzmOm 10

In that case, OP should've walked away. He surely didn't have to sit there and listen

What she's doing to you is verbal abuse. No one should ever insult their significant other's intelligence or laugh at how they can make them feel distressed. Instead of yelling at you about it she should have just taken it out herself, or calmly reminded you. Get out of that relationship, fast.

unknown_user5566 26

12- While I agree that it's not healthy to constantly criticize your significant other, I think everyone has moments where they slip up and say rude things. It's only a "dump her" situation if the girlfriend is constantly demeaning, which we have no evidence of.

This isn't intended to be a typical "dump him/her" comment. "Spent the next 10 minutes calling me stupid and laughing..." If this is how his girlfriend acts over him forgetting to take the trash out, I can only imagine it can get worse from there. OP doesn't deserve to be put down like that and humiliated for something so insignificant. That is abuse, plain and simple... and more than enough reason to end a relationship if he is constantly treated like this. No, I don't know if this is a common occurrence, but even if it was a "slip up" that's still doesn't excuse her behavior. She needs to seriously apologize and re-evaluate the way she handles things, otherwise OP definitely deserves better.

That still* thank you autocorrect. I'm not trying to sound rude. It's just that I don't think someone should be humiliated by their partner for a grammatical error, or be insulted to such an extent for not completing a task. Sure sometimes I get frustrated and I get mad at my husband, but I would never sit there and call him stupid or purposely try to make him feel like crap. OP's partner doesn't sound like she respects him or values him at all. If someone's partner was making them feel bad about them-self, or purposely trying to lower their self-esteem, I wouldn't call them a "quitter" for leaving. I'd call them smart. But hey that's just my opinion.

You forgot 'me', after confronted. I see where she's coming from.

MacheteCock 1

Sorry OP. Hope you can find treatment for your anxiety.

perdix 29

Ya should of found some one better too date.

Two* god someone need's to learn yu sum grammor.

osf777 2

Exactly what I was thinking 10. how could she know the difference? Maybe OP was signing his argument?

Well, at least she was calmed down by laughing at your grammatical error.

Don't feel bad. There are plenty of "lol, rotfl, jk, ftw and lmfao' s" on the internet to make you look good. Not everyone knows how to spell.

majorjeneral 0

Waht do u maen knot eevroyne knos how to splel?! Lol ur funnie!! JK, I like totally no fur shore like the grammr junk...

Corrupt_waffles 13

Splell?! Yes!!! I am not the only one that uses that!

Well you should of taken the trash out in the first place.

I say that all the time. I'd have kicked her to the curb before she could say "banana peel".