By RIP - 18/06/2016 23:17 - United States - Dearborn

Today, my girlfriend and I found out that if I'm tickled it causes me to have a panic attack until I cry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 718
You deserved it 1 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are going to get really good at pinning people down before the tickle fights start.

Use it to your advantage and tickle every person you see :D although going to see a therapist might be a good idea

Comments

That only sucks if your girlfriend is a really bad person. Why are you dating someone who would do that to you?

I feel your pain. When I was a tot, my siblings would tickle me until I would cry. Now my husband can only tickle me little bits at a time or else I start having panic attacks and get paranoia thinking he's going to do it again. Stay strong and remember moderation is key.

Okay, you gotta get some body armor and maybe a few martial arts hand traps. Otherwise they will keep at it. (Nobody tickles me. Never. I have gotten to be quite frightening at this point.)

young_cat_lady 17

I thought they moderated for grammar lol.

epicgamer 18

If she constantly does it to you "for fun" you might need to reevaluate your relationship

Yeesh, sorry OP. I know how you feel. I nearly go into a panic attack when my arms or legs are pinned down in any manner and my wife gets mad when I tell her not to do it. Why? Because "she is my wife, so I should make a special exception for her."

I'm the same way-_-. My husband can't tickle me without me almost crying.

Making someone have a panic attack is really not okay at all.

The girlfriend didn't know- both she and OP found out that tickling causes OP to have panic attacks at the same time.

Ah yes you are right - thank you. I misread it.

I also have issues with physical contact. Handshakes are okay most of the time, unless people expect me to shake 10-20 people's hands- but I still have the compulsion to hand wash after even one time. I tend to break into uncontrollable laughter (, unwanted, and uncomfortable) any time I get physically examined. I go to the doctor a lot, so I wind up having these 'episodes' a lot. Hugs and cuddly contact tends to be... Uncomfortable.