By Justus Buhler - 03/03/2017 02:00

Today, my girlfriend told me that she had to go to New Hampshire for a few days for her grandma's funeral. Later I found out she spent over $1,000 dollars (on our joint account) to take a vacation with the man she was cheating on me with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 462
You deserved it 714

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jcash52426 5

Take out half the money plus $1000 take your name off the account and put in in a new one then chance the locks on your house/apt and tell her to stay the **** out of your life

How dare she use her grandmother's big death as excuse to get many little deaths of her own from some other bloke!

Comments

Mrst0530 10

Why do people have joint accounts with boyfriends/girlfriends???

kelardy 11

Who gets a bank account with a Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Seriously, if you guys are going to cover bills together get one to pay the bills and the other just gives over a bit of cash or pays for other bills themselves. I know plenty of Married people who don't share bank accounts.

Drain the account and tell her that you are going to Samoa for your third cousins best friends step daughters next door neighbors 23rd attempt to get his driver's license.

I watch A LOT of Judge Judy so I'm an expert in this area. Don't have a joint account unless you're married. You can't even sue her for damages because she had a right to use that money.

what would have changed if they had signed a piece of paper to recognize their union with the law? She still would have used the money to cheat. I've shared an account with my ice partner for 6 years now we've Oy been married 1. We also share all credit accounts. Marriage is about trust and if you can't trust them with something as trivial as money, how can you trust them with your heart?

jcash52426 5

I posted earlier to take half of the money plus $1000 and change the locks. For those who are telling me to that they would take all the money. I posted what I did because both people are putting money into the account so both people are entitled to half of the money. So now she can stay with her new boyfriend and and open a joint account and take out $1000 to go on a trip with the next person she cheats with.

The lesson here is: You should not get anything common with your BF or GF (money, property, children), until you marry.

HEnRyEdwardsIII 15

You should take out all the money and open a new account in a joint account with your parents and put the money there. at least if your parents use your money to cheat, it will be on their diet, and you will always be welcome to a slice of that german chocolate cake.

Why do you have a joint account with your girlfriend? Seems a bit crazy to me. But yeah, that sucks. Cheating is awful and that excuse is absolutely awful. Again, why didn't you go to the funeral of the grandmother of your girlfriend with whom you share money?