By danceinconverse - 22/05/2015 20:11 - Canada - Toronto

Today, my friends made a little game out of my OCD. They like to purposely poke one of my arms so I immediately poke the other one. They think it's hilarious and now do it constantly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 097
You deserved it 4 032

danceinconverse tells us more.

danceinconverse 25

Wow, the range of comments had me laughing to making a disgusted face. Thanks to everyone who was supportive but no need to worry! I'll explain things further but this will be long. And to people saying "woah I do the same thing!", you most likely have OCD, but DO NOT SELF DIAGNOSE, ask your doctor about it before you prance around calling yourself mentally ill. For me, I've always done little sort of tensing my muscles and making both sides feel the same games with myself ever since I can remember, especially in the car. It didn't become a problem until high school, when I started doing finger things to each hand to calm myself down, and it escalated into something actually slightly debilitating. But anyways, so I also unfortunately have anxiety and depression to mix with my OCD, so I've never came out and said to most of my friends I have any of these things, or many people at all. I hate the "Oh just be happy and you'll feel better!" Comments so I tend to not bring it up unless necessary. (Think: having a permanent broken leg, and when people realize, the "advice" they give you is to walk on it and you should be fine). But anyway, in their defence they just thought I was being silly, I do have a lot of quirks so I don't blame them. If they hadve known it was causing me legitimate panic, they of course would have stopped, but I'm very good at covering up my negative feelings. It did give me a panic attack i had silently in the washroom the first time the original friend figured it out (lightly smacking my arm to get my attention and seeing what looked like me immediately covering the other one in pain, as if the opposite one they actually hit hurt. I would definitely find that funny too). They all had a go at poking my arm to see me poke the other one, and eventually seeing if it worked on other areas of my body. I was laughing along so they had no reason to assume it was genuinely distressing me, even though it was just my panicked (anxiety induced) "aw shit they figured it out I don't want them to know I'm even weirder, I'll just play it off" response. But the next time they saw me they had forgotten it all together almost, and now they only do it occasionally in a weird "insulting your friend to let them know you love them" kind of way. Those times I can genuinely laugh at. I'm all for making fun of myself and I get that it's pretty funny, and also it kind of helps me in a weird way. But if the level it was at the first time hadve continued after the first time, i 100% would have explained to them why it's not ok, and I can guarantee they never would've done it again. And advice to anyone who is dealing with something similar where it does genuinely bother them, really, let the people know. If they patronize you for it, they are strait up dick nuggets, don't take their crap. Sorry for the novel but hope i cleared some things up!

Top comments

Attacksloth 33

Make a game out of their game. Each time they do it to you, punch one of them in the face at random.

Time to bring out the body armor. You can double as a superhero in your spare time.

Comments

Time to bring out the body armor. You can double as a superhero in your spare time.

Attacksloth 33

Make a game out of their game. Each time they do it to you, punch one of them in the face at random.

nataliewby 25

And then make sure to punch the other one too, to even it out

I don't think "at random" is a person with OCDs strong suit.

He can't do it randomly. He's OCD.

Then punch all of them Three Stooges style.

Time to poke them back. In the ass. With your foot.

nataliewby 25

My friends did that to me at one point as well. They thought my reactions were hilarious, until I sat them down and told them how it made me feel and how my mind worked. Thankfully they understood and apologized, and if your friends don't do the same, you don't need them.

Most people don't realize how serious and debilitating OCD is. This is exactly what should be done.

Get some new friends or tell them the seriousness of OCD. They shouldn't do that.

Next time, grab a light saber and poke them in the eye. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, but you should never take advantage of someone's OCD. that's just ******* rude.

I'm not going to jump towards "new friends" like everyone on FML seems to do. Instead I suggest talking to them about how you feel and hopefully they're loyal enough to never do it again.

CODplayer4lyfe 24

1. This has nothing to do with work 2. OP lives on Canada I'm not sure if they even have HR

Not related to work and yes we do lol

xluciferx666 21

Purposely punch them all in the back of the head then immediately do it again