By Anonymous - 12/09/2009 20:06 - United Kingdom

Today, my friend's 11 year old son accidentally shocked himself with our electric fly swatter. Thirty seconds later, while trying to prove to him that it's physically impossible to shock yourself with it, and that it's perfectly safe, I did the exact same thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 790
You deserved it 54 503

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Avabundy 0

Really? An electric fly swatter won't shock something if you hit it against anything? I guess its lucky your hands weren't wet.

Don't electric fly swatters have stickers on them, saying they can shock you? YDI

Comments

What. The. **** is an electric fly swatter? Dose it shoot lightning at the fly because your too damn lazy to hit it? I mean really? Whats next, the electric pop can? It vibrates in your hand so your hand stays warm?

bskballa92 0

Yes it does shoot a lightning bolt at the fly. Good deducing.

Ichigoner 0

Please tell me your joking....

It's about half the size of a tennis raquet and the same shape. Where the string ona tennis raquet should be is a few metal grids. When you turn it on, electricity runs through the grids which electrocutes stuff on contact. More effective than normal fly swattets, too. And more fun.

Ooh, girl, shock me like an electric eel...

baby girl, turn me on with your electric feel

Hmm....you thought a device that's specifically designed to produce electric shocks couldn't shock you? "Pat, I'd like to buy a clue for $500."

am i the only person who notices the obvious here? You SAW, with your own eyes, an 11 year old boy accidentally shock himself with a fly swatter. yet you then attempted to prove it was impossible. did it never cross your mind that obviously IT IS POSSIBLE, BECAUSE IT DID HAPPEN!! or did u think u were hallucinating?

Avabundy 0

From all the people.....stating that it was obvious.....you must be the only one.....thank you Mr. Holmes

The op does not say that OP saw it happen. If anything the kid said he shocked himself and OP did not believe him, which is why op was attempting to prove that it was impossible..

Before you declare something physically impossible, go learn some physics.

Ashleyxphobia 0

I can't think of any better YDI

Uepari 0

YDI it for being lazy and having an electric flyswatter.

Ichigoner 0

Next time, prove to him that its physically impossible to burn your hand with an iron.

op this is a double ydi. the first one for being a dumb **** and getting shocked after someone else just proved it was possible. the second ydi is for wasting our time with this "fml" post. next time try proving you can't get shocked by touching the metal on jumper cables attached to a car battery...

Uhhhh...how did you think electric fly swatters worked? That they're somehow able to differentiate between a human hand and a fly? Dumbass. YDI.