By unlovedmommy - 08/05/2014 21:49 - United States - Rowlett

Today, my four year old son came into the restroom while I was applying my make-up, and asked me "Mommy, are you putting on make-up so that someone will love you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 331
You deserved it 11 507

unlovedmommy tells us more.

OP here! My son says funny things like this frequently, and it never offends me! I encourage his sense of humor, even if he doesn't know what he's saying or why it's funny! I even tell other people about it, so they can get a laugh too. I was encouraged by my brother to post on fml, because it was that funny! He'll tell me sometimes that I don't look pretty yet until I've completed my make-up. That question made my day. After he said it, I just started laughing really hard, and said that was funny. He said it wasn't funny, and told me to stop laughing, which made it funnier! I'm married, so I'm not trying to get someone to love me. I don't really wear a lot of make-up anyway, so it's not really the "high school girl make-up" thing either. And I am an adult. Oh yea, and I say "restroom"! Thanks for all the caring and funny comments! :)

Top comments

"No, son, I'm applying makeup to look like I'm young enough for you to have never happened at all."

Comments

Kids...they really don't have any filter! XD

Ah, everything wrong with society personified in one adorable little shit head. How grand.

I think he meant that she is applying make up so someone will love her (a stranger) when she has no need to

Honest and innocent words.. So cute

I'm sure your beautiful without makeup, some people will never realize that though...

or you could be terribly hideous and everyone knows it.

"Wake up, (Wake up) Grab a brush and put on a little makeup"

Schizomaniac 24

Hide the scars to fade away the shake up!

At least he's not old enough to ask if it's because you want someone to have sex with you.