By hair2daygone4ever - 14/01/2010 15:45 - United States

Today, my four-year-old daughter thought it'd be funny to cut my hair while I was sleeping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 602
You deserved it 4 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OMGAWD WUT U DOIN LEVING 4 YR WITH SCISSORS OMGAWD!!11111

Comments

if i DO have kids...i am totally locking the bedroom door. i'm sorry that happened to you, OP--but maybe you'll get an awesome haircut out out of it? :/

so you'd lock the door and leave the child out of site with scissors? great idea lol

My Question is who was watching the 4 year old while you were sleeping?

Yes, because at night, there has to be someone standing over the child, right? I mean, parents sleeping?

Fr0gg13 0
CyclonePsycho 1

The four-year-old could have just woke up. It's not like they sleep in crib. Trust me guys, four is the age when anything is obtainable with just a little imagination. Those scissors could have been in the highest drawer in the house. All it takes is a chair and an inquisitive child.

Look on the bright side. its short and choppy. now you have a more daring look.

voveraite 7

People who ask amazing questions like "Who was watching the child?": Parents are allowed to sleep at NIGHT, you know, and are allowed to leave their "angels" in their room, seeing them fall asleep with their teddy-bears or whatever. Are you implying children shouldn't sleep alone?! Or that they can't suddenly wake up in the heart of the night and do something crazy? Also, it is difficult, almost impossible to make sure that they won't reach scissors /sharp objects. I know I could reach them all the time, but had no such ideas... Well, messing people's hair with combs, sure, but that's innocuous.

It was a logical question. maybe if there was more details whether it was at night or just a afternoon nap it wouldnt be so logical.

Even if it was in the afternoon, four year olds take naps. No reason why a parent shouldn't be able to take a nap at the same time. I'd be more worried about the scissors part of the equation.

Be glad she didn't burn the house down. You're going to have to learn to be a lighter sleeper. Maybe put an alarm on her bedroom door and window so she can't get up and out without someone knowing.

noshitsherlock 0

Then cut her hair into a stupid looking cut to punish her. She won't do it again. Or else, YDI

Simple solution to this one: put your scissors somewhere safe and lock them up when you're not using them. Only leave the plastic safety scissors out. My mother did that after I cut my own hair....I had to get a boy's haircut to even it all out, it was so bad. When we got home, she took all of the "adult scissors", put them in her sewing box, and locked it. Problem solved.