By Anonymous - 03/06/2011 23:16 - United States

Today, my fiancé nervously sat me down for a "serious chat". The chat wound up with him asking if we could postpone our wedding, because his World of Warcraft guild had a raid scheduled for the same day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 920
You deserved it 10 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Idonebeenhad 17

as far as I know, there is NOTHING in wow worth postponing a wedding for. Even if it was a world first deathwing. Yes, I'm a nerd Life>wow

Rico_Mal1116 0

Why would someone do that..? There is a time for fun and games and a time for life..

Comments

lmao i love that game, but u should be his number one attention. so maybe u need to have a serious chat with him.

mtlooney225 0

That's when you jump on him and show him how much he really wants to marry you ASAP!(;

kaleighiscool 0
daniirae 0
thrAsHeRr9081 16

that's not ew. when you get older you will know.

well if wow is this important to him, she knew it before the engagement. at least I hope she did. in which case she would know the way a hardcore gamer is. the nights where he turns down sex cause he's the main healer and they have a raid planned. for large guild raids that keep it exclusive to guildies (I'm talking 25+ man raids) it is VERY hard to organize all of the people needed to be on, which is why it is so important. and this IS life to some people. people will go to great lengths for the things they find fun, and this is it for a hardcore gamer. thumbs down this all you want. it's true. though the guy is an idiot for not knowing the raid schedule ahead of time.

I'm pretty sure the wedding would have been planned before the raid. Granted, I know very little about WoW, but wedding dates are usually booked months, if not over a year, in advance. Not to mention, people you can actually see/touch/talk to in person, *should* be more important than a silly game...

Iriz 0

Well if a man is really all into that than mayb he doesn't need a wife just yet...

ohthebloodygore 16

I'm pretty sure the wedding was planned first, but it isn't a stupid game. If it's something he honestly enjoys and has this much of an obsession with then I'm pretty sure his soon to be wife knows. Both take a lot of planning (weddings and raids) but I do believe the wedding should be his priority because it most likely took more time, cost a lot of money, and it's the woman he loves.

damn comment bug. anyways that may be true but usually the reason for a raid schedule is cause that is the one day every week that they can do it. so it would be known a long time in advance. when I played our raid night was always Friday and/or Saturday.

85 he could just get married to some one in the game. I read about some one doubting that once and thought sad but interesting as they got married doing the things hey loved. like i was to have my way my wedding car would be a mg metro 6r4 as I am a big rally fan or have the honeymoon near the next wrc stages etc but as in sure you can guess I wouldn't get my way :P.

weddings usually take 6 mths to a year to plan. sometimes up to 2 years. are you saying guild raids take even longer than 6 mths to a year?

I'm saying the raid schedule is usually found out and then it stays the same day. so yes, it could've been figured out a year ahead of time.

supernerd352 7

How would you know how much planning a raid takes? Girls don't play wow. Especially good looking ones.

orgasm_blush 4

That would seriously make me reconsider marrying him. If he can't commit a day to you how can he commit the rest of his life?

In complete and total agreeance with you! Just pack your bags and go, OP. otherwise you'll be sitting there on your wedding night wondering what you've gotten yourself into because he's upset he's not out role playing. Plus, he knows its wrong because you said he was nervous, but he asked anyway which is horribly inconsiderate

In complete and total agreeance with you! Just pack your bags and go, OP. otherwise you'll be sitting there on your wedding night wondering what you've gotten yourself into because he's upset he's not out role playing. Plus, he knows its wrong because you said he was nervous, but he asked anyway which is horribly inconsiderate

ohthebloodygore 16

Reconsider marrying him? That sounds harsh. If she's marrying him I'm guessing she knew he was a huge fan of the game. I agree, he shouldn't even try postponing his wedding for a game, but she shouldn't leave him because he asked.

He could've gotten into the whole thing after they were dating for a while and got engaged. As someone said, weddings are planned a year in advance; could be that last 3 month he caught a WoW virus and went nuts.

FYI, it would take longer than 3 months for him to level just ONE character, gear it, get the appropriate achievements for a raiding guild to even consider him and then prove to his guild group that he's worthy of keeping it. Then again, I don't play on bad servers where people are desperate (mine is heavily populated, so there's a lot of competition for good guilds). Solution: leave him or join WoW, or you'll never be happy and nor will he. Real life is important but if WoW is more important than you, think again about marrying this guy. You're probably still young and good-looking. What will happen when you grow old? He'll pay even less attention to your needs. It sounds like he doesn't love you as much as he loves the game. YDI for staying with him even though he's a gamer and you're not.

I agree with the whole not marrying him thing (or postponing). I wouldn't suggest marrying someone when they are addicted to something severely (I'm assuming he is addicted to WoW, he might not be, so then my comment is void) [not including recovering addicts, that's ok]. I personally think people have to be in a good healthy place before they make a huge commitment like this. I would wait until he isn't so obsessed with WoW before you both commit like that.

supernerd352 7

172, you're a noob, took me two weeks to level 1-85 with 2 maxed 525 professions. Maybe gearing took like a month or so because it was my first toon, but after that i was ready to start seriously raiding. And you never know how good his guild is. He could be like 6/7 FL right now ( writing this as 4.3 has been out 5 weeks ) meaning he's a total noob, and is still so addicted to the game he wants to reschedule. Typically people that obsessed like myself are not noobs, though.

HyundaiOwner7 0

Wow! Leave him now. What a loser...

I can see why he wants to change the date of their wedding! It's way better than him not showing up. Who would want to lost their role as a raider? Why leave him wtf...

I would leave him. if he is having his game more important than his soon to be wife. then that's dumb.

litterally ( if that's wrong,exuse my retardedness)

A husband needs to mature.....I'm 15 and I know that:) just sayin.........

.......because being 15 means people don't know that?

That would be a CLEAR reason why you should definitely wait or just not marry him at all! He really cares more about WOW more than marrying you?? Should be an eye opener for you

how? a wedding is an important thing, but if op really loves him then its a day well sacrificed for a lifetime together of peace..or maybe op plays too and just didn't add that? you guys gotta open your eyes to all the posibilities.

ReynshineCutting 10

I'm sorry but a wedding takes a YEAR to plan, not to mention tens of thousands of dollars. You can't just call the caterer, the church (or wherever they're getting married), the reception site, the photographer, the dj, the florist, the baker, and the possibly hundreds of guests and say "hey we're pushing our wedding back a day". It doesn't work that way. You have to start this stuff a year in advance because all of the above are typically booked solid so you can't just push it all back a day or whatever. You would have to reschedule completely and you'd lose a lot of money in the process.

Heliol 8

If a day that's so important to their relationship as their wedding is "worth sacrificing for a lifetime of peace" I'm pretty sure there will be LOTS more stuff to sacrifice "for a lifetime of peace". Next thing you know he'll ask her to try to keep the baby from popping out so he can finish a raid before he meets her at the hospital where she's been in labor for hours.

Raiding is serious business!!! XD But really? That's a LITTLE too far..