By noonotme - 05/09/2010 21:51 - United States

Today, my father told me to stop purposely singing out of tune because it was annoying. I wasn't doing it on purpose; it's my real voice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 464
You deserved it 6 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HEY... YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE. Go apply for a Disney channel show.. ;) You'd fit right in...

JillianlikesVogu 0

Comments

Only an FML if you planned on becoming a singer, in which case YDI.

deafeningsilence 8

and thats is why I don't sing: For moments like this.

FMLephant 2

I don't sing for the same reason I don't put up my picture, no one wants either one forced upon them

sucks that u have an unsupportive dad. I no how u feel, my dad is the same way. but never give up what I believe you want to do. keep on trying, just go somewhere that he can't hear you.

If a person thought their destiny was to be a hairdresser but after years of practice everything they try resembles the result of a drunk and a pair of scissors, should they still "pursue their dream"? It's extremely important to be realistic and know when you're just no good at something.

in not telling her to make a career out of it but if she likes singing then why should she stop? (dream was the wrong word)

ElMundio87 0

because she obviously has no talent? I hate it when people don't realise they can't sing, it's painful to hear, then they get stroppy like the OP when confronted with the truth.

MetalFish 0

boo hoo you can't sing well, neither can I. it's hardly FML, really.

MetalFish 0

WHY was this moderated? it said: Boo Hoo, You can't sing, neither can I! This is hardly an FML.

Maybe you got hit with the moderation bug?

what does I mean for a comment to get moderated?

ohthebloodygore 16

34, you got moderated for saying this is hardly an FML.

ohthebloodygore 16

34, you got moderated for saying this is hardly an FML.

so it gets moderated if you disagree with the FML ppl?

MetalFish 0

#56, well lets face it, someone isnt good at singing... it's not exactly "f**ked" their life up... it just means they don't have that skill... hundreds of thousands of people cannot sing to save their life. Are all of there lives f**ked too?

ohthebloodygore 16

65, what you may not consider life *******, others might. You are in no place to say which FML is worthy and which is not. In order to get posted at-least 55% of people have to vote yes. If you don't like it; go moderate.

I agree, but I still don't understand what a moderation is! can someone help me?

MetalFish 0

Well if not being able to sing is "life *******" then people have pretty cushy lives!

FFML_314 11

That's not the point, 85. Like Precious said, at least 50% of the common users on this site have to vote yes. Not to mention the moderating staff has to approve it. You can't go around prancing your, "This isn't life *******" simply because you're not impressed. That gets highly irritating. You expect the FMLs to be so dramatic or tragic. It IS the simply things in life, that people find most **** worthy. Do you get it now?

MetalFish 0

#112, yeah, I got it like 4 comments ago. Your input wasn't really needed.

MetalFish 0

well, I'd like to announce to everyone I officially understand. So y'all can turn troll mode off

FFML_314 11

I think you're lying. My input is ALWAYS needed. Try and remember that.

FFML_314 11

I would also like to announce, that if you do draw attention to yourself by either, A. Sounding really stupid. B. Attacking someone that's right. Or C. Commenting on someones picture, whether it be good or bad. You will most likely see one (or all) of the pretty women you see under you comment now.

ohthebloodygore 16
MetalFish 0

Women, like dogs, hunt it packs, it seems.

MetalFish 0

thanks, bro... wireless keyboard is on the blink again, it seems :)

MetalFish 0

And anyway I have a problem with your list: "A. Sounding really stupid." Saying "being bad at singing is hardly life *******" is stupid? LMAO okay then, if that's what you think... "B. Attacking someone that's right." I've not attacked anyone, I just put my point across, it's not my fault if you read it and thought I implied it in a aggressive manner. "C. Commenting on someones picture, whether it be good or bad. " Erm... Ok? I wasn't aware this was a dictatorship.

#158 "Saying "being bad at singing is hardly life *******" is stupid?" I'm pretty sure theres things that probably go on in your life that you would consider "life *******" but other people would consider it "stupid", just like #72 pointed out. "I've not attacked anyone, I just put my point across, it's not my fault if you read it and thought I implied it in a aggressive manner." You came off pretty rude @ #112's post, in which she pretty much reinforced on #72's post which you seem to have failed to comprehend still, and lastly I think they're being a little nice to you. I don't really post a lot but I do read a lot and I can tell you they certainly don't have much tolerance for that crap, just like many people on here.

MetalFish 0

oh my god... everyone has to get their opinion in don't they. ¬_¬ Someones dad telling them to be quiet because they cannot sing is NOT life *******, IN MY OPINION. it's demoralizing sure. not life *******, IN MY OPINION. You can't say i'm wrong for having an opinion. ****'s skae, I thought you Americans prided yourself on freedom of speech and all that? Seems a bit hypocritical when someone says something YOU don't like though, ain't it? Cry me a river.

MetalFish 0

just looked, you're right I never put "in my opinion" at first, my bad xD And I'm open to other peoples opinions, just I get notifications of 6 different all telling me the same thing... which I knew in the first place anyway... kinda annoying, you know? :p

nick: "Comment moderated" simply means the text of the original comment was deleted by the moderators, either for being disrespectful or for breaking the rules.

FFML_314 11

MetalFish, if you stop responding, we will go away. It's like magic.

Well, what if OP really likes singing, and thought they were good? In that case, being told you suck (especially by a family member) would ruin someone's day. And, therefore, it would be a "life *******" experience. There are only 300 characters allowed in a FML, so it's usually pretty hard to get the whole story. There could have been singing lessons involved, or any number of things that could reinforce OP's idea that they could be good. Reality checks can definitely be a FML. I know that in your opinion that it's not, but I hope this helped you maybe be a little more open-minded about their situation.

you suck OP. ;P I kid, I kid. But maybe singing just isn't for you, eh?

If you can't sing, then don't. If you can sing, and your dad is being an ass, then FYL.

HEY... YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE. Go apply for a Disney channel show.. ;) You'd fit right in...

RoccoRox 0

American idol isn't for you(:

pachecogirl 0

it's not just girls, my brother thinks he can sing... but he can't.