By francesa_loca - 14/10/2011 16:09 - Canada

Today, my father started drinking a little early. At some point, he got hungry and decided to boil eggs. He started a dozen, drank some more, and passed out on the couch. When I came home, all the water had boiled off and the eggs had exploded all over the kitchen. I'm still cleaning up the mess. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 953
You deserved it 2 512

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Was it an explosion? BRING ON THE THUMBS DOWN.

Why would you get thumbed down? That was quite an eggcelent pun.

Comments

wow totally sucks! I know the feeling my mom gets like that sometimes and it drives me insane! >.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Yes actually alcohol made my dad kill himself. He had 3 ‰ a few hours after he did it. He actually didn't even want to.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

You can't really know that he never wanted to, 88. In lots of cases of someone committing suicide, the friends and family are left confused because they had no idea their beloved one would have such thoughts or a reason to kill themselves. Most people don't share feelings of the sort. Alcohol most likely exaggerated his feelings or just gave him the perceived courage to go through with it. Whatever the case may be, I am still truly sorry for your loss.

95 not to be an ass but after all those puns I read eggsaggerated

sierralovesyou 0

Sounds horrible... Sucks eggs for you.

That's sad...alcohol can really suck I'm sorry:(

What?! Alcohol is one of the best things ever. Who learned you?

It's an eggageration when you say exploded all over the house

*eggsaggerate please spell it right the next time you attempt a pun

To be fair OP did say "all over the kitchen." But you knew she meant house, right?

Well, you're assuming your role in life, so why is this on FML? Isn't it the woman's job to clean and be in the kitchen? If you were making the eggs, none of that would have happened... Simple as that.

Good luck finding a girlfriend! You're a dick!

I have one. Thanks for asking. She is incredibly lovely and I treat her with the utmost respect. She is genuinely an equal to me.

She is a dick with low self esteem and a poor judge of male character.

Wow... Aren't you mean... I made a woman joke on the Internet that I didn't even mean, and now you're not only putting me down but putting my girlfriend down too? You know nothing about me or my girlfriend, so I don't know how either of you can make judgement calls about any of it. I can't believe people actually thumbs up'd you both. My girlfriend happens to have a high self esteem, and I find her to be equal to me. I am a very chivalrous person. I would never actually mean a woman joke. People on the Internet are so cruel... Why aren't their comments moderated? I feel incredibly hurt by their words, especially the second person's words, and so does my girlfriend.

FYLDeep 25

It's probably better than burning down the coffee maker and not being able to enter the kitchen without your eyes burning from the plastic. Not to say it's not bad though.

Ah, the solitary drinker. Alcohol: Giving weak people a way to temporarily escape their problems without facing them like a man since ancient times.

Alcohol: helping ugly people get laid since ancient times.