By Weirdo - 06/12/2011 22:20 - United States

Today, my family took me to a steak house. I went for an eight minute bathroom break, coming back to an empty table. They ordered dessert, and left me the bill. I'm a vegetarian, and it's my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 951
You deserved it 4 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You guys must be related to epicmealtime members to finish food so quickly.

If I was vegetarian I would of refused to come to the steakhouse full stop.

So vegetarians shouldn't go anywhere meat is served? Must they only eat in little 'veggie packs' at salad bars?

Salad bar is pretty much the only option at a steak house if you're a vegetarian. A restaurant with a wider menu would've been the better choice.

If I was a vegetarian I would have refused too. I'd want to go wherever I damn want to in my birthday. The family was being selfish from the beggining, using her birthday as an excuse to go eat outside.

I'm not sure what being a vegetarian has to do with this FML. Even steak houses have food on the menu that don't have meat. Besides that... FYL.

The smell is off-putting (or I find it so), any non meat options would probably be limited and (since its a meat focused place) likely prepared in an area contaminated with meat products (I.e. same pans, knives, etc). Also it was the ops b/day and therefore an inappropriate choice.

26 If a place used the same knives, pans and chopping boards for both meat and veg then I wouldn't eat there at all, that goes against basic health and hygiene practices and is NOT standard practice in meat focused restaurants.

I'm a vegetarian and my boyfriends family took me out to eat at a rib and steak house even though it was nice of them to invite me .. I had fries and a small salad. There is not a lot of options to chose from. It's just inconsiderate to go to a restaurant where not everyone can eat.

30 - interesting and I know what your saying about preparation and meat, but what about pizza places who use the same pizza wheel and places that cut your sandwich with a knife that's been used on meat or tuna type sandwiches? I've encountered both.

ibeinpain 5

That's quite rude of them, OP. I would tell my family off, and then ask very nicely for the money they owe me [if I were you].

They took a vegetarian to a steak house and stuck him with the bill. C'mon, total win.

That's what happens when you're a vegetarian.

Now take them to a vegetarian restaurant, and make them pay the bill>:D Oh btw Happybday OP.