By Christmasloverandstuff - 25/12/2012 17:45 - United States

Today, my extended family came over for Christmas. I forgot to get a present for my extremely sensitive aunt. I took a gift from my re-gift pile and wrapped it quickly. Little did I remember that it was the same gift she gave me last year. She noticed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 900
You deserved it 42 495

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelaranda 28

You should have played it off like you liked her gift so much last year, you decided to get her one too for this year

saIty 17

Should have gotten her some Sensodyne toothpaste. Heard it really helps with sensitivity.

Comments

saIty 17

Should have gotten her some Sensodyne toothpaste. Heard it really helps with sensitivity.

This happened to me too! Except I gave them their gift back on purpose haha the best part was they didn't remember giving it to me and they made the same "thankyou" face I did the year prior haha ohhh priceless ;)

That's why I always keep spare gifts on hand. But hey, if it bothered her that much she isn't really into the true spirit of Christmas. Everybody makes mistakes and it shouldn't be a big deal.

Really. Regifting the same gift is in the spirit of christmas? ...

CharresBarkrey 15

30 - Pretty sure they were talking about the whole Jesus being born thing. You know, what Christmas actually is?

80skid 15

Honesty is the best policy, not scheming to save your butt.

florido_fml 10

The gifts i give away i kinda want to keep so if they regift it back to me i wouldnt mind.

CharresBarkrey 15

I gave someone an iPod touch this year. Now I'm just waiting till they regift it to me next year >:)

Prepare to meet the wrath of your Aunt!

I never "regift" stuff - can't remember who gave it to me from one year to the next ! However, I do have a cupboard for "emergency presents" for when I'm reminded of somebody's birthday at the last minute... or for when a sensitive relative appears! Non-gender-specific, not too expensive, fairly neutral presents that I buy when I see them in the shops and have a bit of money left over, such as an interesting USB memory stick, a nice bottle of wine, a pull-along wooden train, a pack of pretty soaps or a variety pack of different types of cheese, mustard or biscuits, for example. Might be worth a try if your memory's not that great.

I have something as that as well! You're not always going to remember everything and it's really practical to always have some gifts around :)

That is creativity and intelligence at its best

It wasn't the vibrator from one of the earlier stories was it? But yes I thought why not just say it was so great you got her one and you had forgotten it was her who gave you the great idea of getting one - whatever it was, but then your just piling lies on lies, maybe best just make a joke of it!