By TooMuchAnxiety - 10/03/2015 08:03 - United States - Kailua

Today, my ex-boyfriend asked me to homecoming, in front of the whole school, knowing I have social anxiety. I was forced to say yes to not seem like an asshole. Now I can't back out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 100
You deserved it 7 529

TooMuchAnxiety tells us more.

TooMuchAnxiety 6

For everyone asking why we broke up, its because he was very manipulative and downright abusive behind closed doors. I can't back out because i'm afraid of what might happen if I do.

Top comments

Don't buy a dress, if he asks to see it, stall. On the day of homecoming, you're suddenly too sick to leave your bed! Problem solved

WavRace 14

Or she can just tell him to **** off for putting her in such a predicament.

Comments

wow what an ass, no wonder he's your ex. I know how much it sucks when you have social anxiety, I hope you'll be able to get help for it

Find someone else to go with so that you don't have to skip out on a fun time to make memories. Tell the ex privately that you only agreed to it because of your public anxiety and that you will not be going with him. Problem solved?

Usually I would make a pun on these FML's, but not this time. Your ex is a ******* dick.

Should have said I'll think about it & told him no when it was just the two of you.

Should have sucked it up and sayd no, simple.

Social anxiety isn't something you can just get rid of by "sucking it up"

roys1girl 18

*cough* *cough* "Sorry, sick!" *slams the door*

How do you seem like an asshole if you simply say no? Did he go all out asking? I'm sure everyone knew he was your ex, and wouldn't have thought you were an asshkle

middlenamefrank 8

Not sure about abuse but it's definitely manipulative and if he's doing this as her ex, one can only imagine the crap he tried to pull while they were together.

Anxiety is a psychological disorder (it is what it falls under, there's nothing wrong with that or anyone who has it), so what he did, full knowing she had social anxiety, is classed as psychological abuse, maybe even emotional abuse after all her feelings of this too.