By Anonymous - 23/01/2016 11:26 - United States - Brunswick

Today, my dog once again desperately tried to yank me straight into the path of a bus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 006
You deserved it 2 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you sure it's not a cat you have? They're the ones that try to kill you

Comments

Are you sure it's not a cat you have? They're the ones that try to kill you

I've never read any news stories about cats ripping their owners necks out.

Redgy22 26

Because dogs are not malicious without cause. I.e. abuse, neglecte, deliberate training. Plus, unlike what most people, (including myself at times) believe, dogs aren't cunning enough to plot nefarious deeds up to and including murder. This is clearly an owner who hasn't put in the time to train the dog properly.

Because a dog's behavior is a strong reflection of the way it's raised and if it's pulling into the street then obviously it hasn't been trained which is unfair to the dog more than anything.

Although I agree with you mostly 20, that may not be the case. Some dogs, just like everything else that's alive, won't listen. Throughout his life my dad has trained 5 dogs by himself and they were all amazing, he even trained his dog to near perfection and she was inbred. But the third dog who was an English Mastiff which is supposed to be a very very obedient dog, didn't listen as well, because she just didn't care. So op may have trained it good and everything, the dog just might be stubborn.

#31 When a dog is being stubborn it has a cause. They're like 2 year olds. They don't want to be bad, they just need that extra incentive sometimes. No dog is thinking "hey, I really wanna **** up the pack dynamic by not doing what my alpha wants." Usually it's simple shit like boredom.

writergirl1029 17

Agree with #31. I know someone who trained a couple dozen of fantastically obedient dogs through the guide dog program. Not all of them made it in to guide dogs, but they were still good dogs. There were a couple, though, who were willfully disobedient. Sometimes dogs are just like that because of their personality.

**** off. Nobody said the dog did it on purpose. I've had to walk a dog who wasn't properly trained who kept yanking in the direction of other dogs, oncoming traffic, rose bushes, etc. Not trained =/= abused or whatever. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Your dog is showing you who is the Alpha lol

It sounds like he wants a new owner. Watch your back Op!

sp00derman 23

seems like your dog has a bone to pick with you

When a dog forgets how to dog and instead cats.