By psd60 - 06/12/2012 07:18 - United States - San Antonio

Today, my dog died and I told my grandfather I wanted her to be cremated. I came home later to find him burning her in our barbecue pit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 338
You deserved it 4 200

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was barbaric of him. I'm so sorry OP, that must have been an awful thing for you to see. FYL.

And this, children, is what we call a redneck funeral.

Comments

Stupid computer lag making me double post. Feel free to cremate this comment

He di'nt want no good meat to go to waste . Murrica's in a re-session, y'know. Ain't nothin' like an' ol' fashioned cree-mation with some BBQ sawse o'er a home made farr.

danivolley64 10

This comment made my day :) Thank you sir.

I don't think there is a need for peeling. This whole thread made my skin crawl up off me and run away. Seriously, dude. Really? Really Really? Just stop. NOW!

tsent8 15

Pengaween put that there squirreel on the Farr and get me somemore beer.

There's gonna be a lot of hotdog jokes coming up I'm guessing. But seriously that's ****** up.

Personally, i was expecting some Asian jokes.

elletex 8

Sorry to hear, at least your grandpa's heart was in the right place

Apparently your grandfather doesn't know the difference between cooking and cremating

Misswildsides 22

Maybe that's how people cremated "back in the day"...?

perdix 29

You should hope you were walking in on an attempted cremation. If Gramps had made a mopping sauce and was icing down some beers, you might have uncovered a Texas Bar-B-Q secret you wish you had never known about.

perdix 29

My Texas Bar-B-Q secret is that before I cook it, I pound my meat mercilessly. But, then again, I do that even when I'm not cooking at all . . . heeeeeey-yooooo!

debbster7 18

At least he listened to you...?

toalysium 15

It's a dog! Did you seriously expect him to take her to a funeral home and pay $1,000 or more for a cremation?

Why not? Plenty of vets and even some funeral places cremate pets. It's not unusual at all. And it certainly doesn't cost $1000.

Why not bury her like most normal people would? . . . Did "Pet Sematary" scare you too? My cat looks like Church! "The ground is sour!"

No actually, it's a Stephen King book and it's spelled with an S because kids made the sign for it. Sorry, your spelling correction is invalid ;)

perdix 29

#26, No, she means "Sematary." That is the way Stephen King spelled it on his novel. Enslaved is defiantly right this time.

Oh, okay. That's why I was asking, really. I've never seem the movie (or read the book), only heard of it. :)

This is true. It's spelt with an "S"! Damn King ******* with my already difficult time spelling the English language!!!

jablome 6

Enslaved, My cat looks quite a bit like Church, too. He's a Russian Blue. If my kids ever watched the movie, I think they might become a little wary of their cat.

40, No Noor, perdix "definitely" meant "defiantly". I get those two spellings mixed up ALL the time. :P Eye'm n id-ee-it sumtimes!