By bjevilcat2 - 18/10/2010 18:02 - United States

Today, my doctor confirmed that the extreme pain I've been experiencing is due to a kidney stone. My friend decided this was the time to tell me that passing a kidney stone is the male equivalent of child birth. Hello even more pain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 268
You deserved it 4 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that sux at least u know what ur wife or future wife goes through

Fortuitous 0

Damn, you must be in a pissy mood. Try and see if getting stoned will help alleviate your pain.

Comments

oboewhore_xD 6

...I never want to have kidney stones. *cringes*

I had one when I was 12 years old. Worst pain I've ever experience.

suck it up. I went through it at 16, 25, and 35. It doesn't hurt that much if at all, as long as they break it up good enough in the kidney for you to piss out the remnants.

amazinggbaby 2

Just because you went through it multiple times in your life doesn't make the pain less excruciating for someone else.

RedPillSucks 31

Depends on how big the stones were.

"as long as they break..." They don't always break. You got off easy. If you didn't go through severe pain, your brilliant advice of "suck it up" is fairly irrelevant.

RC4524 0

It is different for everyone. You were lucky. For those unfortunate enough to have big, moving, sharp, unpassable stones, the pain is said to even worse than natural childbirth. And yes, I speak from experience. Some people have kidney stones and never even know it because they break up and pass painlessly. I'm very jealous of those people.

NettotWSecnarf 0

I agree, I had one that wouldn't come out and kept moving around, hurting randomly for days at a time between May and October. I don't know how childbirth feels but I know there's no way to stop kidney stone pain; not medicine, pushing on it, or laying in different positions. it sucks ass big time.

If the hospital does it correctly, they will zap them into small enough pieces that there will be NO PAIN when the fragments come out. When I was 16 they didn't do that, but the other 2 times, I never felt the stone fragments coming out, and I only knew I was passing bits of it when I looked at the strainer I was told to urinate into for the fragments. I hope he gets a decent doctor who will make sure its broken up enough to pass with no pain. Also a good way to avoid them all together is to flush the kidneys out once a month with Rasberry juice.

RC4524 0

Usually for your first one, they want it in tact so that they can analyze it and make changes to your diet based on the content. even I they do zap it, the pain from the stone moving is every bit as bad, although a different sort of pain. And you still have to deal with that until they can get you in for a procedure. The part that is worse for a man is if they remove it in tact and apply a stent. The stent is removed without anesthetic. a woman's plumbing is straight. A man's is not. They reach up there and yank it out. I'm a woman and that part was awful.

I had a stent the second time, and they told me to go to them in a week to remove it, I pulled it after 5 days because it was more painful than the stone lol Honestly, diet has nothing to do with stones as I have found out. After the first one, I changed my diet and still ended up with another, and I changed yet again and ended up with the third. Now I drink a bottle of Raspberry juice once a month to be safe and I know I will have another stone, as that stuff never goes away.

Raspberry? I always heard you're to drink lemon juice mixed with water, or cranberry... never raspberry.

Dude...drink massive amounts of ice water & put large amounts of lemon juice in it. Don't drink any cokes, alcohol, coffee...nothing but water!!! I went through the same things & it broke it down into sand...I never felt a thing!!! Green tea & pure grapefruit juice may also help...but lemon water is amazing! Also, if they don't give you Vicadin (sp?) & Lidocaine...ask them for it...if they don't give it to you go to another doctor!

uhhh_awkward 0

Sorry, I hope this is alright to say without anyone getting too upset: he decided it was the right time to tell you? You make it sound like it wasn't an appropriate comment for that time. It was...cause you have a kidney stone. Hope that didn't hurt anyone's feelings!

This is one of the least offensive comments I've ever read here. I'm offended that it's so inoffensive.

Nine001 0

If he found it out just then I don't see why it wouldn't be the right time...(If he had it fir a while and just figured it would hurt a little while his friend knew this it would makexmore sense)

j5p332 6

and she's from NYC... completely out of character... lol 0=]

uhhh_awkward 0

#49: I think I'm saying this twice, but it didn't go where I wanted it to go haha. I'm sorry!! Let's be friends?

He just dissed your city. Are you just going to take that? Come on get mad!

Fortuitous 0

I don't think she has the word "mad" encoded into her DNA.

uhhh_awkward 0

#93: Well, he's right! Haha New Yorkers can be meanies!

LabRats_fml 4

I am in full agreement with the Doc here. You should be ashamed.

Schizomaniac 24

I don't think anyone has the word "mad" encoded in their DNA. You can have the word "cat" encoded in your DNA, though. Even then, it isn't really there. Life sucks.

FFML_314 11

You're a bitch, uhhh_awkward.

ohthebloodygore 16
ohthebloodygore 16

Ignorance, what is this I hear of?! YOU hold emotions? Lies! Lies! Lies!

FFML_314 11

Don't make her cry, Precious. It will screw up her duckface and I'm not finished laughing at it yet!

ohthebloodygore 16

Aria, I believe this is the part where she calls you a bitch.

FFML_314 11

Well stop smiling and get back to your duckface! It makes me giggle. (I meant laughing in a good way, Ignorance.) I happen to enjoy your version of duckface.

Uhhh_akward, if you were ever offensive, FML would be so overwhelmed that it would cease to exist, just saying :)

WallyTheWombat 0

I was thinking the same thing. It's worded as if his friend waited to tell him, it would hurt less.

sheesh almost every girl on here told this chick she's a bitch? why? maybe cause she's getting more attention then them? I dunnoooo.

I hope you don't have a narrow urethra!

ahhh sucks but this isn't really an FML, I mean that happens to so many people!!

So do virtually all of the posts on this site. It doesn't lessen OP's pain one bit.

candy29 10

How would that be the male equivalent? women pass stones too... they come out of the urethra not the ****** so the pain would be exactly the same. its sad how much people know about a womans anatomy

Nine001 0

Then that would be the equivalent to child birth to a female aswell...It is regarded as the equivalent to a guy because they can't have babies.

brandonbkl 0

agreed #53 yes a girl has them and child birth, but a guy doesn't go through having a kid and the closest he can get is this

mamacrazi 0

dude childbirth hurts time three and to think ur friend compared the two...I hope u have a small urethra >:)

0opsie 6

People who say that it can't compare to childbirth are forgetting that although a kidney stone is tiny compared to a baby, a urethra is very narrow compared to a cervix. The two are very similar in how painful they are, depending on how it's treated.

guckylynn 19

A cervix is the size of a pencil point and that part doesn't stretch all that much, a mere few centimeters. it's the ****** that can easily stretch.