By chestycough - 16/09/2013 04:35 - Australia - Belrose

Today, my doctor asked me to undo my bra so he could check my breathing without the straps restricting my lungs, I got home and told my friends how awkward it was. Not one of them has had this happen to them before. We all go to the same doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 937
You deserved it 5 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

just creepy. change doctors and take appropriate action.

Considered that maybe your bra was tighter than your friends? Don't always jump to the worst conclusion.

Comments

Maybe you were wearing a bra that was wayyy too tight for you. Don't jump all over the doctors ethics for wanting to get a clearer reading. It's not like he groped your ****.

I agree with you fully, sorry to the author but not everyone is out to cop a feel of your boobs!

Maybe you are overweight and/or your bra's too tight? If the doctor was professional about it while asking you to do that then there's no reason to panic. My bras fit snug around the band so I always have to do that.

Your bra is probably too tight, as long as he didn't actually make you take your bra off then there isn't a problem. Maybe next time ask the receptionist for a chaperone when you get there and a female member of staff will sit in on your appointment.

ajaj26 12

On the bright side, it is a compliment!

Did her milkshake bring all the boys to the yard.

Stiggy626 25

It's ok, a lot of people confuse the word "he" with "she"....

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I need a doctor, call me a doctor, I need a doctor, doctor....

I could be wrong but chances are good that if OP wears a bra, she likely doesn't have a penis to complain about. Furthermore, I've yet to encounter a doctor who is uncomfortable discussing any body part or function.

Stiggy626 25

That actually makes a lot of sense haha. He asks you to undo your bra, you say your penis hurts. That would throw me off quite a bit.

If he didnt grab ur **** then it probably was that the band was tight, you are overweight possibly so then it made it hard to see your breathing. If you aren't sure, in future ask for a nurse as a chaperone. Most doctors do this automatically, and would do so as asked.

Stiggy626 25

So if your bra is tight, you're probably overweight? Makes sense, like when you're 6' and 200lbs and those shmediums don't quite fit..... Fatty

Firstly, a tight fitting bra would only alter breathing if it was multiple sizes to small (think corset tight)...even of OP was overweight. At this point it would be uncomfortable and OP probably wouldn't be wearing it. Secondly, Unless you have had a breathing condition (like asthma or cystic fibrosis) normally breathing is listened to with a stethoscope and not watched (other than to get the rate per minute and to determine if it is labored). I am in the medical field and find this to be off. I find it equally weird that there wasn't a chaperone in the room (when ever I go for the yearly check up there is always one as soon as I step in the door and my doctor is a straight, married female).

mimiminx 23

I'm concerned that you say you are of the medical field and yet when doing a respiratory assessment you don't look at the patients chest? A stethoscope will indeed let one listen to chest sounds but an eyeball over the chest can give an immediate indication to respiratory distress or paradoxical respiration and certify that breathing looks normal. If you've ever seen respiratory distress, then you can almost always tell just by looking at the chest before you even get the stethoscope out! Every doctor/ nurse should do this and yes a chaperone should also be offered.

aruam365 24

I am in the medical field, I'm an EMT and will soon being doing paramedic training. You most definitely are supposed to watch chest rise and fall in order to assess breathing in addition to auscultation! Granted I'm trained in emergency care but I don't think that would ever vary, unless the care provider is being lazy.

It shouldn't vary. I've never once been to a doctor that didn't watch my breathing as well as listen to it. I can also say honestly that a minimum of four different doctors have had to ask me to remove/ simply unhook in the back, my bra because it was interfering with hearing my breathing. I can honestly say that not a one of them tried anything inappropriate or sat and drooled over my ****. They just watched and listened to my breathing and told me I could put my bra back on. Bella627 you are either not qualified to be in the medical field, lying, or you just want to troll people.

I'm not 100% sure, maybe this is an Australian thing, but I've never had a chaperone or been offered one when I've been to the doctor.

lou_knee 6

In Australian med school we are taught to offer a chaperone, but in practice that doesn't usually happen unless the patient asks for one or has specific issues, or if there's a med student already in the room. If I was the OP, I'd be thankful that the doc was doing a thorough examination and not skipping over parts of it to save time.

davek 36

They might have the same doctor, they might not have the same illness.