By Anonymous - 21/11/2015 13:47 - United States - Kenosha

Today, my deadbeat dad threatened to press charges against me for harassment if I ever contact him again. I've contacted him twice in the last two years, once to tell him he was going to be a grandfather, and once to send him a birthday card from my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 724
You deserved it 1 830

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you and your son are much better off without him

autiger0612 18

Sorry OP. I would say your best chance is to leave him alone and maybe wait until he comes around. Nothing much you can do there. Hope you two can have a better relationship on the future.

Comments

Congratulations Op! Be happy for your kid and forget your father for the time being!

Oh, God, my family does nice things for me all the time! I never considered pressing charges…

its not worth your time. it will just hurt you more in the long run. focus on your child and be the parent your father can't be.

DiscordianLife 5

Sorry Op, but i think you deserve this one. You know your father is a deadbeat, he's just not that into you. You need to drop the rope with your dad. Look at your sweet baby is your father someone whom brings good to his life or will he bring only disappointment? The people you bring around him are the people your telling him is safe to be around.

FrankAnne 13

I agree. To me, it does sound like an fml, but one that happened long ago. Now it's just a ydi, OP. You need to take a hint.

How in ANY way was this the OPs fault?! What a d-bag thing to say. I highly doubt he asked for his dad to be a deadbeat. He was probably reaching out to his dad to reconnect and celebrate something exciting. Sometimes things like that bring families back together.

It's true, it's like that expression, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. You're asking for it if you keep trying to contact that asshole!

While I agree, it's probably best for OP to give up on her father, I do not believe it is her fault. It's entirely heartbreaking to see someone be so cruel to a family member. Personally, I don't blame her for trying to make her father part of her and her son's life. However, this is a sign to give up.

Right. Because it's all OP's fault that his father turned out to be a deadbeat. It's his fault his dad wants nothing to do with him and I assume you think it's his fault his father is pressing charges too? Since you know, OP deserves it. -.-

What a deadbeat. I feel like our dads should meet - they'd be BFFs

He's a deadbeat for a reason. Best him dead. If that's too extreme, jab him in the eye with the birthday card. Teach your son how to make a paper airplane with it - everyone will think it's cool once he starts pre-k.

fatal4life 10

Just always remember to be that man your father isn't when it comes to your son. Show him what being a father is really about OP.

Indianboy9321 25
fatal4life 10

If "dad" does not want any contact with you and your son, then honor his wishes. Just remind him of this fact when, years later, he comes crawling back to you for any reason.

Yeah like needing funds for a nursing home. When the time comes I'll tell my sperm donor to look under the nearest bridge for hospice care.

That is sad. Don't take it personally that he is a jerk. Get therapy. Hugs!