By Newly Minted Canuck - 22/04/2017 20:00

Today, my daughter found a hair baked into the crust of her pizza. Grossed out, she put it down the garbage disposal, but I told her to dig it out so we could get a refund. After dinner, she came looking for the saved pizza crust. I was baffled about where it was until I realized I'd eaten it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 285
You deserved it 4 663

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Druu 53

Is anyone else more grossed out by the fact that it was pulled out of the garbage disposal? Hair. Okay, not the ideal pizza topping, but at least it was baked. Slime and grime from the the garbage disposal? *BARF*

blackfire29 7

I say this is possibly both "your life sucks" and "you deserve it." Your life sucks because your daughter found a hair in her pizza. You deserve it IF you ate the rest of the pizza and still expected a refund.

Comments

Here's a plan - if the problem is bad enough to get a refund, then stop eating.

As someone who has worked in food service, you deserve this. Yeah it sucks you found a hair. But, you should have called and complained or gone in right away. Most places won't honor a refund or remake if you finish the food because, obviously, it wasn't so bad you couldn't eat it.

mariri9206 32

I can understand not remaking it if they just didn't like how it tasted but they ate all of it anyway, like, because "I was still hungry" or something like that because, if you think it's bad but still ate all of it, you don't deserve a refund or remake but, if they find a hair, then, yeah, they deserve a refund or remake even if they ate a lot of it or all of it because that's a sanitation and cleanliness issue, not an "I didn't like it but ate it anyway" issue. I also think they deserve a refund or remake for finding a hair and the like, even if they ate all/most of it, because they may not have found it right away and they should hardly be punished for eating a pizza they thought was clean and free of hair.

mariri9206 32

And this is coming from someone who has also worked in food service but also has a manager's sanitation license.

Lucky O'Guin 18

First, immediately take the unfinished food back and either get new food or get cash back and go elsewhere for dinner. Second, why in the world would you ever eat anything that was down the garbage disposal? Sorry, OP, but you totally deserved this.