By blah - 15/08/2011 16:22 - United States

Today, my daughter decided to come out to me by leaving a browser window open with the results page of an online "Are you lesbian?" quiz. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 144
You deserved it 10 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dickydickman 0

at least you don't gotta worry about her getting pregnant

Ilawlatu 2

My sister told my family she was bisexual a few weeks back. First thing my dad said was "That is hot."

Comments

Mipz 2

People take those all the time. Are you sure she's actually a lesbian?

I know lots of people who take those quizzes and they are straight.

Yeah the first thing I thought when I read this is what exactly makes her a lesbian and how is that coming out? Has OP actually taken an online quiz from what I'm assuming to be a social network? They're absolutely ridiculous...

IndiRae 9

Be sure that's what she meant, I took one of those once, for ***** and giggles, and it said I was. Which I'm not. But. Yea. Just make sure.

borkchop1992 15

And not a single **** was given that day.

so is she just a college lesbian or a real softball playing lesbian?

haleybby2013 0

Umm not all softball players are lesbians Kay thanks

TalkinSmack 6

Do u love her any less than before? If not, then why an FML, OP? It's not like u have to munch carpet, now u just know that ur daughter does

TalkinSmack 6

Fair enough, but really, regardless of how mom was told, it's not like who her daughter chooses to have sex with really affects moms life. So The daughter can't have biological children with another chick, but other than that, gayness will not affect moms life negatively.

It's a fad, OP. Adolescents and young adults as well tend to fall with the crowd, and the crowd says **** smashing works, so let there be **** smashing. Parents tend to be unable to stop it, let it go. Although, it may be possible she has a preference of girls. Just approach the subject somewhat delicately, and discover a few things.

Well, it's better than a page of lesbian **** being left up..

Obviously most guys would say that. But as a mother discovering that her daughter watched it, I have a feeling that she wouldnt find it so "ballin"

perdix 29

Comments are deactivated. C'mon, you know it's going to happen any minute now.

Why? There's been no hurtful speech, no insults being slung, no slurs being uttered. What I've seen so far is fairly tame jokes, outpourings of respect for the daughter for coming out, and fairly gentle admonitions of the mother for not seeming to be someone the daughter could tell face-to-face. The simple fact that a comment thread includes discussions of sexuality and sexual orientation does NOT mean it needs to be closed.

To be honest, there's more likelihood of me closing the comments because people keep missing the actual point of the FML than because of any non-existent hate speech.

I wish comments on this site would never be closed. An open forum is so much more interesting.

How is this an FML? It's a sexual preference.. Get over it.

wow who cares if she is or isnt lesbien as long as she happy thats what you have to look at