By Anonymous - 08/05/2016 08:42

Today, my daughter asked me to take her to Victoria's Secret so I could buy her some "sexy clothes". She's 9. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 786
You deserved it 2 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Better go ahead and have a talk with her OP. Maybe she's seen a little too much on the TV/Computer/Internet

Comments

When I was 9 I found one of my older sisters thongs and was so confused because I thought the skinny part went in the front. I didn't even know VS existed until I was in late middle school haha

sounds like your parenting needs improvement

nickfraser98 11

Get her off the internet and hand her some hand sanitizer for good measure

ABlindMan 17

Hand sanitizer? Was this comment really necessary? The kid's 9. Also believe it or not, it's not uncommon for 9 year olds and younger to play with themselves. They may find that it feels good and they don't know what the significance behind it is, they're just finding pleasure. It's something that needs to be talked about and explained, but there's no reason to bring it up like that when not mentioned.

I think i would like those even now.

Right, slap her, teach her absolutely nothing but "when someone's behavior is not okay to you, it's okay to hit them". She's ******* 9. She needs things to be explained. Maybe she just thinks it makes her look grown up, that's what most kids her age want. Being a parent isn't all about saying "i'm an adult" and slapping kids, you have to ask you child why. Because maybe they didn't think it was that bad and in that case you need to explain them why it's bad. If you just say "it's bad" and slap her she won't learn a damn thing.

ABlindMan 17

Yes, because OP can control everything that their child experiences throughout the day. OP's daughter could've learned about it from someone at school for all you know. Is love to see you raise a child and not have a single issue in their entire life because it can't be done. No matter how good someone raises their child, there's bound to be external influence unless you keep them in a bubble their entire life and don't let them have anything but a blank room.

Vanillalife 19

Perhaps she doesn't truly understand the meaning behind what she said; she could have easily overheard that phrase somewhere else. Good luck OP, I'm sorry to hear about that.

hoes....they start when there young.

If an "Adult" can't spell right, then you have no right, calling a nine year old child a "Hoe".

countryb_cth 38

Damn them young hoes, always in the garden doing something dirty.

When I was nine, "sexy" was a bad word and all the kids would riot if you said it. I guess things are different now haha

Garnetshaddow 30

I do think this is sad and shocking... but I wish I could say I was surprised. I work at an elementary school. Some of what the kids do/say is pretty horrifying. One of my watch list 4th graders (age 9) was out for awhile. I honestly wasn't sure if she was sick or suspended. She came back and I said welcome back and was she feeling well... her classmates told me everything from pinkeye to dead... She said she was fine, she just had a week's worth of herpes, ebola and AIDS. Also, it was creepy I noticed she was gone and go away. That's mild. All the kids have smartphones or tablets with NO controls on them. They're on Twitter, Instagram Tumblr... Probably here too. I've heard of kids as young as in the third grade being sent to the office for discussing **** in class. I can't think of a lot of specifically disturbing examples... But I assure you kids are growing up a bit too fast these days. I must be very old fashioned because I really think parental controls should go on those devices.