By sarahmoon - 05/05/2018 01:30

Today, my date refused to pay for my dinner, even though he promised to beforehand. It turns out, he assumed I would just be ordering a salad for dinner, "based on your slim figure". FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 592
You deserved it 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PenguinPal3017 19

Unless you ordered something much more expensive this is ridiculous. If everything on the menu was $15-20 and you ordered the one $90 item this would be fair, but expecting you to order a salad is just insane.

It’s a small price to pay to get that kind of information up front.

Comments

Lobby_Bee 17

You know what they say about assuming shit? I have no idea, but there has got to be one that fits this FML.

It makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'!

It’s 2018. Stop relying on men to pay for you.

He's the one who said he was inviting. When my dad/mom/friend says he/she's inviting, I fully expect the bill to be paid and I'm going to order the most expensive salad on the menu.

My standard is whoever extends the invitation should be prepared to pay the whole bill. The invitee may offer to pick up their half, and it’s up to me to decide to accept or insist on paying the whole check.

I assume I’m paying for myself and so are they. The exception is if they want to go to somewhere I can’t afford, I’d let them know that and if they really want to go there, they might offer to pay. I do the same sometimes when friends/dates are on a tight budget and I feel like going out for dinner.

I think it was Frederid Beigbeder who said "Models starve themselves to pay for their branded outfits and eat like ogres when invited". Your date shoud have known that. Maybe you were his first model.

I was skinny until I was 25 and I was always super hungry. As my metabolism slowed down I ate less and weighed more. If I am with skinny people I am figuring they're going to eat more than me.

Normally I’d say you deserved it and you should start paying for your own meals but since he promised to beforehand it does make him a dick. Bullet dodged.