By Szaszaspasz - 24/08/2015 22:35 - Canada - Victoria

Today, my date came to pick me up for a date. As I was getting into his car, a large blister on my foot burst. My foot is now swimming in a pool of hot, liquid pus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 877
You deserved it 3 094

Szaszaspasz tells us more.

Hi! It's the OP. The blister formed earlier in the day because of a new pair of running shoes I was breaking in. The blister didn't seem too bad, but it got filled up as the day progressed. As I got into the car, it burst. I never let on because my shoes were not open-toes. The date was great, we went to Pizza Hut, but I got tomato sauce on my outfit. I'm a klutz FML This was in 1990. I was too nervous to run back up to my barracks and do something about the blister. I was 19 at the time.

Top comments

If it was just as you were getting into the car, couldn't you have explained the situation and ran into the house for a bandage or something?

carlfirebolt 27

Comments

Did u get any other white warm pus like substance on you?

If your boyfriend's is pus-like you should really get that checked out, 12.

gnarley! at least now you just slap a band aid on it. I hate blisters and how hurt when they're swollen.

Blisters are not filled with puss. Puss is fluid build up from an infection; blisters shouldn't be infected. If it was I guess this really would be an FML.

I assumed OP meant the fluid in a blister. I've had a few pop and it leaves the area of your foot wet, but in my case the liquid was always clear.

To be fair, blisters can become infected.

JackieWackie 13

Ohhhh sweetie ? are you alright though?

saad2605 16

Well now you have a story to later in life. But hopefully you went inside to get a bandage if you were just at the car.

Next time, take a needle, make it sterile with alcohol or by heating it and poke it. Before going on a date. Trust me, it feels so good to have the pressure off.

Breaking a blister can cause infection and make the healing time longer. It's better to just bandage it up and let it heal and or pop on its own. I do agree though, that it feels good to pop it.

Draining the fluid using the method 26 described does makes it heal faster, though there are a couple more steps after that. Once the fluid is gone put some antibiotic cream on it, make sure the skin of the blister stays on so that the raw skin under it isnt exposed, and then wrap it with a bandage.

Putting antibiotics on a silly little wound like that is what causes resistant bacteria

SaniK 17

Sorry OP, hopefully your heart burst too when you saw your date!

what i don't get is if you knew you had a blister, why didn't you just lance it and clean it out? i used to get them when i'd do really long walks and would just drain em and be done with it.

That can cause infection, even if you sterilize first. Trust me, an infection hurts worse than the initial blister.

i've been lancing them for over 7 years and never got an infection, worst case scenario the incision healed and it filled again, and was again lanced.