By lawman - 15/08/2013 13:34 - Denmark - Copenhagen

Today, my dad, under threats of disowning me, insisted that I offer my sister a job in my company. I run my own law firm, she is a hairdresser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 771
You deserved it 3 541

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blakesinthelake 11

It's not up to you or your father to supply your sister with a job. Especially if she's under qualified. FYL

Comments

Let him "disown" you. No matter what he'll always be your father but you can't always have a great job like that.

I don't see the point of "he'll always be your father." My father never legally disowned my sibling and I, but it was pretty much inferred. He has little to no say in our lives, and I actually don't even view him as my "father". My awesome step-dad EARNED the right to be called Dad.

Good for you. What I'm saying is wether OP dad deserves to be called "dad" or "douchbag" he's always going to be OP biological father wether either of them like it or not.

I fail to see what that means. If you don't view someone as a father figure, don't interact with them more than you would a distant acquaintance (if at all), and they have no legal privileges or obligations related to you... what do they matter? Being biologically related to you means nothing, really - the only part that matters is the legal and social connections that usually come with that.

We all have our views and opinions on things. To each their own.

My point exactly....still by law the father no matter if u view them as one or not. We all have our own views and options on things. To each their own.

Yeah, if you are disowned then by law they are not your family...

Who cares. It's your company, do whatever the hell you want with it.

She could always do the sweeping up. I'll go now...

Jst4kicks 16

make her the go fetch me some coffee person... he didnt say what were ganna be her responsibilities if you hire her.

I wouldn't risk losing your law firm over your fathers petty crap. stand ground and tell them both to grow up.

yodas0da 12

prttTctcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

If you want your company to thrive, don't let her in! Your company, your choice.

Sometimes you just have to cut people out of your life and not offer them extensions.

Maybe he's trying to give you a hint, either your law firm sucks or you have a terrible haircut

People tend to believe people that are more attractive. With your new haircuts you'll be running a legal dream team . Probably not. But you'll look sexy as hell.