By Gem - 11/02/2011 10:59 - Australia

Today, my Dad thought "Joseph" and "Francis" were two people hacking our internet. They are actually the names of my laptop and iPod, which have now been blocked from using our modem. He can't figure out how to unblock them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 560
You deserved it 27 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who the **** would name their iPod/laptops names?

ZoroFresh 0

www.google.com I won't explain shit to you no matter how easy it is with information so readily available.

Comments

hit your modem with a hammer till you have internet back.

I like it. I like it a lot. Everyone should use this same logic and primal instincts while dealing with any situation.

Sorry, that solution only works when the problem is another person.

GhostlyGhoulish 1

Dude wtf is up with your photo hahahahaha lol

Raechillz 4

haha! my iPod's name is Bernard. :) But my dad's not a moron.

ulicksam 0

"hacking our internet"? You're no smarter than your father who you're trying to portray as an idiot. And you can't seem to unblock them either.

UnearthlyEnemy 9

They were saying that the father thought Francis and... whoever were hacking the Internet, it wasn't OP's personal opinion.

lakeybalboa 0

I think he means that you cant "hack people's internet"

yeah, but I give the dad props for knowing the general correct usage. Yes, it should be "stealing our wifi" but hacking sounds cooler... Plus if there's a password, someone had to "hack" the password

whatwhatbuttbutt 4

Joe Francis? As in the guy from Girls Gone Wild?

llZombiell 5

._. You give your items names? Joseph & Francis meet Megan's itouch & Megan's Mac.

If anything happens that i deserve it will be my gaming desktop "FRAG" drawing too much power causing the breaker to flip and my servers WEB and DATA to switch to battery backup. I would deserve it since they are on one outlet. Unfortunately my work computer DEM will lose all unsaved work since only WEB and DATA are on the dedicated backup. Lesson of the story: when you are smart enough to use more then one computer at once it is easier to give them a nickname then call them by their serial numbers, especially when you have friends who know the names of the systems too.

Yeah, I named my devices based on size; my smallest laptop is Minime, my firewall is on a monster of a laptop (Gargantua), my primary desktop is Behemoth. It might be silly, but it saves a LOT of explanation when you're referring to it quickly.

I'm glad I am the tech geek in my family. nobody blocks LAPPY-486.

Pshaw. everyone knows the Compe is far superior.

At least you didn't name them Edward and Bella.

This is why I name my stuff after professors from Harry Potter....

dudeitsdanny 9

Yes! Win! My old iPod was named Voldemort.. But that was the Gen. 4 Nano, so no internet. My current one is named Tom Riddle.. But luckily my parents didn't know how to block stuff when I lived with them.