By whatajerk - 03/01/2015 03:11 - United States - Gainesville

Today, my dad rejected my birthday present to him because it was "Made in China." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 183
You deserved it 4 680

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good luck finding him a present then considering it seems like everything's made there.

Comments

It's hard to find something not made in china

darlingdollie 24

I know how you feel, op. My dad is the same way. I usually make him handmade things because I know how he is..men are hard to shop for anyways

and then the materials are most probably made in china too..

My sister is the same way. After hearing about sweatshops throughout the world, she started to protest products made in China and even refused my souvenirs from Disney. If the OP's dad (and yours as well) are passionate about their reasons, I can't knock them for wanting one person, at a time, to try and change how things are.

Get him a Toby Keith album with the songs "American Soldier" and "Made In America." He might like that.

You forgot "Courtesy of the Red White and Blue"

but OP'S dad could say that Toby Keith's parents conceived him in China so he was also made in China.

What if the CD or case was made in China?

Just to let you know, even if it says that it is not made in China, about 85% of the components that are inside are made in China....

cheap, plentiful labor will do that to an economy

Tell him it's made in the good old US of A but the "made in china" tag is added for tax purposes.

Grauncho 27

He obviously wanted something made in Taiwan.

that means he wants something local made..I suggest go to farmers market...I bet they have food that is local made..

Because those are the only two possible places that anything can be made right? Maybe OP's dad just has something against China or Chinese but not other places.