By car trouble - 14/10/2016 08:12 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, my dad refused to pick me up because he didn't want to get off the couch, so I had to walk for an hour and a half to get home. When I finally got home, my dad had gone out to pick my sister up from her friend's house. Her friend lives a 3-minute walk away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 167
You deserved it 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A 3 min walk would be a 1 min drive as opposed to 90 min walk. So maybe he was too lazy to drive that far? Regardless, that's really sad and frustrating.

Comments

What are your ages? I'm not saying it's the case, but hypothetically if your sibling is 9 and you're 18, or they had band practice and were carrying a tuba, it's understandable

oxker 7

Why would that be understandable? The dad easily could have gotten OP with plenty of time to spare to get the daughter. He didn't have to choose between one or the other. So no that's not understandable

We have no idea how old they are. For all we know there is a bus that goes right from where they were to close to their home. Maybe (not saying it's necessarily the case) the dad thinks the poster should take more responsibility for themselves. The poster could be 25, not pay rent and still get an allowance for all we know. There are a lot of circumstances we have no idea of; just saying that there are other possibilities. Let's say they are both the same age and the dad was playing favorites, then yeah, that sucks. At the same time, while it sucks, it prepares them for the real world. I have an older brother who was always the favorite, it really sucked at times, but it also gave me advantages later in life too.

mariri9206 32

Don't use Uber. Not all of their drivers are very trustworthy - some have raped or sexually assaulted (or just tried to do both of these) their customers. Not all of them have done this but you never know what driver you're going to get. Same goes for Lyft. Also, my first - and last - uber ride involved a driver who didn't pick me up at my exact location - I had to walk to the other end of the block because they called me and said "Okay, I'm at the stoplight." - then they were texting on their phone the whole time, and then they changed the base rate before charging me.

Don't listen to #41. I've used Uber 10-15 times and I've never had a single problem with them, ever. So stinks for you #41, but don't let #41's experience sour you on Uber.

saffy66 34

So many parents lie and deny having a favourite child or liking one more than another - but they always show their true colours eventually. I remember one Christmas when I was a kid, that I got a t shirt and a book. My brother got a full model railroad set, including plaster, paint and model trees, buildings etc, to make a full scale model town, plus a ping pong sized table to put it on. His gift cost $200 which in the 1970s was a great deal of money. Mine cost less than $10; after all, "we couldn't afford to spend much on you." I too have a favourite child, but then he's my only child.

Okay. You seriously deserve it for walking an hour and a half. I mean, come on! You just HAD to walk?

Considering that otherwise they wouldn't have gotten home, yes they did in fact HAVE to walk. And don't give the shitty "they should have used some app and gotten a random stranger to pick them up and drive them to their home" line. That is such a stupid idea that it's almost funny, except it's not because people use those apps to pick out victims.

I agree. Couldn't OP have taken a bus? Or a train? Don't know about you, but here in Denver it only costs ~$2 for a pass for the bus or light rail.

HorrorJr 26

No offense but your dad is a jerk :l

we might be overthinking this I'm thinking the game ended or some other activity finished

The problem with your logic: it still makes the dad a shitty human being, but especially a shitty father. Game or no, he made his child walk an HOUR AND A HALF in what is turning into Summer in New Zealand. Don't make excuses for someone that dedicated to their ****** up priorities as if it somehow makes it okay.

Well it depends on how old your sister is. She might be too young to get home on her own