By Anonymous - 21/02/2015 13:46

Spicy
Today, my dad gave my younger brother condoms and a pat on the back, even though he doesn't have a girlfriend. This is after called me a whore after he saw me kissing my long-term boyfriend last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 081
You deserved it 4 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your dad is aware of what century it is, right?

LizetteBerenice 22

Comments

Well, it seems your dad is extremely sexist. Does he call his wife a ***** after they have sex?

That seems more like something you would do during, not after. I mean, not that I personally... I'm just guessing... because Internet? I think I saw an educational video on a very special website where... nevermind. Not important. Also, no matter what the answer is, OP probably doesn't want to know it or think about it.

To #32: That creeped me out to previously unfathomable lengths

#73, since everyone already apparently hates me, I'll point out that a fathom is a measure of depth, not length. Did you think the comment was downvoted so much it got buried because it was just too awesome for everyone to handle? Is that why you read it? I'll see myself out before this comment gets downvoted more than the first one.

91, There is more than one definition of fathom. Stop trying to be smarter than everyone else.

32, there was absolutely nothing awesome about that comment. Not a single thing.

rocker_chick23 27

Double standards are disgusting

Just the fact that he called you a ***** is horrible! Parents need to understand that respect goes both ways...

It's because you're his daughter and that's his son. Fathers will always be protective of their little girl, even of it IS a double standard.

lolhailsatan 23

That doesn't make it ok. I mean the dude called his own daughter a *****

I'm never going to call my daughter a *****, even if she accepts money for sex. Of course, she's 6 and swimming with a duck radio while singing a song she's making up as she sings it, but still. It's called respect.

He should treat them the same regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

He is NOT being protective. He's being a sexist bully.

My dad was like that. As I got older the more I realized he only saw me as a pair of ovaries and not as a person. I'm sorry but women are people too. Daughters are people who make mistakes, drink and have sex. Every woman is somebody's daughter. That doesn't make it an acceptable excuse to degrade them and create that divide between the sexes. The best thing I ever did was get disowned by my father for sleeping at my now fiancé's house at age 21. 5 years later and he treats my deadbeat brother like gold while I helped fund his new company and get paid shit wages despite having a business degree. Sexism is NEVER ok.

Eventually if people get told are something over and over they start to believe it. Emotionally abusing your daughter, someone you supposedly love, is NEVER ok.

I feel you so much, I've heard that kind of crap so many times --' Don't let your father treat you like this though, ask him if he'd act the same in front of your brother's one night stand's / girlfriend's father. Anyway, don't let his stupid ideas get into your head, as long as it's happening between two consenting adults, you can do whatever feels nice. Hang in there and have your father read a few feminists' articles about this subject, hopefully, he'll realize how stupid he's being and he'll leave you alone. Good luck :)

with a boy, a dad only has to worry about 1 penis, with a girl, he has to worry about every penis.

So you're saying dads are obsessed with the d? Not cool, dads. Not cool.

See, if he teaches her about consent and safe sex he doesn't have to worry at all.

jagott90 4

Daughter has sex with 10 guys: parent has to worry about 1 pregnancy. Son has sex with 10 girls: parent has to worry about 10 pregnancies.

Chauvinistic attitude! Feel bad for you OP!

amileah13 26

God, you'd think he'd be like all protective of you because you're his daughter. Men!

I think lots of dads do that unfortunately :/

Well lots of dads do have double standards when it comes to sex, but i dont think they would call their daughter a *****