By oh gee, you don't say - 15/12/2012 18:43 - United Kingdom - Southampton

Today, my dad forced the whole family to sit through a two-hour lecture, with supporting research, on how the "Mayan prophecy" is actually a load of shit fabricated by conmen. Nice to know he thinks we're all borderline brain-dead, gullible fuckwits who believed it to begin with. Thanks, dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 015
You deserved it 4 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

On the 21st, play some music with loud bass on your speakers to make the house shake. Then see if he comes down screaming that the Mayans were right.

Tell him to explain it again, through the use of interpretive dance

Comments

I just got my 2013 calendar from Dirty Joe's Crab Shack And Pastries. I believe in Joe, although your world might come to an end if you eat one of them pastries.

Border line brain dead gullible fuckwits awesome just awesome.

bignardz101 14
mufasa1026 6

Well??? Were you a ****-wit who believed it???

saIty 17

I'm fearful for all the stupid shit borderline brain-dead gullible fuckwits will do next week.

Well, two weeks from now they'll be saying "Oh...we were wrong again. It's supposed to happen in ANOTHER twelve years..."

daringtoride 27

I'm fearful too. People are stupid, and I plan to stay in my house on the so-called day the world ends. Not because I believe it, but many do, and because of those idiots, the crime rate is going to go up something awful that day. Can't imagine wanting to get on the road with those morons.

I'm terrified of the suicide rates on December 21st. People have suspected that they'll rise next week as some people don't want to witness the "end of the world". Maybe I'm overreacting here, but I'm also terrified of the homicide rates. If a person kills themselves to avoid the apocalypse, they'd probably want to "save" their families too...

If the Mayans were such great fortune tellers, how come they didn't see the Spaniards coming and get the hell out of the way?

Good point! Not to mention that they also used a different calendar system than us. So 2012 for them is a different year than 2012 for us.

Sinkhole 26

It's probably because they didn't actually use Arabic numbers to count years... so they never really say '2012' anywhere. You know... just a thought.

Exactly! That's why comparing their calendar with ours is like comparing apples and oranges. Their dates don't coincide with ours.

Sinkhole 26

Actually, that's not what I'm saying. Time is not relative to the type of calendar you use. It doesn't matter which calendar it is, as long as you know how the calendar works, you can still make calculations to find approximate dates.

The Mayan civilization was declining long before the Spaniards even got there. They suffered from over population and droughts. Are you thinking of the Aztecs?

tsent8 15

Your dads wrong the world IS gonna end. Aliens are also going to come and steal our donuts. But it doesn't stop there I MARRIED BIGFOOT!!!

ThecomingofTan 9

35, I heard through the grape vine that Bigfoot is cheating on you.........with me.

zgomon 10

They're going to take all our burritos and call us Planet Asshole.

tsent8 15

45- you bastard! But it's ok you know that Martian girl that you've been seeing? Yeah she's mine now I took her all around the solar system if ya know what I mean.

Make the most of it people.I heard Macy's is having a huge, End Of The World Sale !!!

Now I'm happy I read all the way down here just for this comment

"ORHH MYY GAWD!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! EVERY ONE START PRAYING TO DIETYS!!! CALL BRUCE WILLIS!!! SAVE YOURSELF'S!!!! " ~fuktwats

BellaBelle_fml 23

I actually kind of like 'fuckwats'. It makes me imagine someone trying to hump a lightbulb in an attempt to gain knowledge.

All of the power companies should shut off the power for 3 hours that day just to **** with people.

CharresBarkrey 15

Ever heard of the radio show 'War of the Worlds?' I feel this would have the same effect. Bad idea.