By dollarstorepwnr - 19/03/2011 05:37 - Canada

Today, my dad cussed out an individual on the phone because he thought it was a telemarketer. He was my Indian girlfriend's father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 653
You deserved it 4 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your dad should have asked where they were calling from first. Standard procedure for telemarketers at my house. And then you hang up on them once you have ascertained that it is a telemarketer on the other end.

Comments

JustinThunder 8

Maybe he won't take your father's bigotry to heart?

lidemocr 0

I think bigot is a strong word...

sparta98 4

When I told my mom the name of the girl I was taking to the winter dance, she immediately asked if she was black (her name was Serena). It seems your dad went a little overboard. Hopefully he didn't say anything you can't patch up.

TayonaC 10

my parents do that with my friends... they always ask if they are black or Hispanic never white. they aren't racist though because we are mixed with black and other stuff but I guess it's just because black and Hispanics are thought of as bad.

damn, I would love to find out the other two things

Your dad... I don't even know which word to use...

Your dad should have asked where they were calling from first. Standard procedure for telemarketers at my house. And then you hang up on them once you have ascertained that it is a telemarketer on the other end.

I just wait for them to start talking, then yell **** YOU and hang up.

hahaha!! Me and my dad pick up the phone and don't say anything until they talk first, then we yell and scream as loud as we can, then hang up. :P

Lol you and your dad sound like my best friend and I XD we would do something like that too

TayonaC 10

53 your dad is freaking awesome. my step dad would never do that

39 - Really? I just ask the same question over and over until they get frustrated and hang up ON ME. always good for a laugh! :D

TheDrifter 23

I always ask what city they're in. As a truck driver, a lot of my coworkers were born in India and if the call centre is here I will know at least a little about his city. I get them sidetracked into talking about where we both live for a few minutes then tell them I gotta go. Most seem happy for the distraction from the stupid script they have to read.

haha my dad used to tell my little brother to talk to them when he spoke in broken English and mostly baby talk

Did he call while you were eating? If not, you can be sure it isn't a telemarketer. Tell your father to go a vacation and meet new people, how about a trip to India and he might just understand that a country with only telemarketer just won't function.

Your girlfriend's dad was outsourced to India?

I think that might have been marginally clever, actually

CovertMilitance 0

what does Indian have to do with it?