By fudgydiaper22 - 30/01/2011 00:28 - United States

Today, my dad attempted to fix a power outlet. He managed to shock himself with 120 volts and fall backwards, landing on top of me. I am 85 pounds and he weighs 290 pounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 142
You deserved it 5 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theblackhannah 0

unrelated, but how can you only weigh 85 pounds? I'm a girl and havent been so small since I was ten. are you eleven or very short?

Comments

Are you like 9, severely anorexic (and I don't mean to be rude), or a 'little person'?

He forgot to say "trust fall!" before falling back.

midnightsun123 2

The electric shock wasn't an accident. He was just trying to figure out how to transfer his fat to you!

giantsfan2010 23

I like how people are all making comments about the weight rather than the actual fml haha.

85 pounds? OP, I was that weight when I was 8, and I wasn't overweight. Either you're really young, a midget, or anorexic. Or you're a starving person in a third world country, but I highly doubt that since you're on the internet.

tweetbaby14 18

maybe it's more difficult for him to gain weight. I was 85-93 until I was 15 not because I didn't eat( I loved food) but because I had a very fast metabolism. OP, could possibly be the same.

tweetbaby14 18

*and I was around about 5'-5'3".

eat a ****** sandwich, what are you a 8 year old girl?

I bet the OP is like, 5' 2" and Asian. that's the only time someone can be 85 pounds and alive

Wouldn't he have to be less than 5'2 for that weight to be considered healthy? edit: Oops, you said alive. But my question remains!

I have a vagaterian friend that's about 5'2" and weighs 75-ish pounds, no it's not healthy, but she struggling to gain weight, she doesn't like being so skinny....

Sinkhole 26

I hope your friend is lying about her weight, 'cause if she were really 5'2" and 75 pounds, her BMI would be 13.7, way under the 15 BMI, which is used as an indicator for starvation. If you check the charts, not even 11 year old girls should have such a low BMI.

my mothers in the medical field, she doesn't use BMIs that precisely, same with most doctors. the problem with them is how general they are. you can be perfectly healthy and either over or under the BMI. it's just to give a broad outline on things, but it can't weight out muscle mass to fat ratio, medical history and current medical drawbacks or positive aspects that could be effecting your weight and size. I have a friend that's about 5'3" and 80-90lbs, and she's totally healthy. she's gone to doctors about it many times and shes fine.

Sinkhole 26

Yes, it can't weigh muscle to fat ratio, but muscle weighs more than fat, so if there really was more muscle than fat, the weight shouldn't be so low. I know that BMI is not used for medical diagnosis, but it's a good tool to classify sedentary people into underweight or overweight groups. The biggest problem with the BMI is when it's used on athletes, children and elderly or infirm people. So, the problem with muscle to fat ratio is mostly for athletes, 'cause they can appear overweight when they are really not. BMI is not that precise when it comes to determine someone is overweight, but it is still used as a measure of underweight. I was in the medical field and we definitely used it.

killabee 0

For someone who is 5'2 a healthy weight range would be from about 105-125. 85lbs being obviously, way out of that range. An 85lbs 5'2 person would be extrememly underweight. Like hospitalized on life support, severe anorexia, brink of death type underweight.