By meens42 - 30/09/2013 08:04 - United States

Today, my dad asked me to stop calling him "dad" because it’s too weird for his girlfriend’s kids to hear, because they call him dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 233
You deserved it 2 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doesn't seem like a man you'd want to call dad anyway.

Sounds like he cares more about her and her kids than his own. FYL

Comments

How rude! Family is family even with a potential stepfamily. What an asshat.

sounds like a case of "impressing the new girlfriend." good luck

well if she's any sort of decent human she won't be impressed and tell him what an asshat he is.

nnnope 26

16 - the only problem with your logic is that OP's dad has multiple kids with his girlfriend, which means she's been around for at least a couple years.

Epikouros 31

No, it doesn't say his girlfriend's kids are his.

My dad is similar but not that bad. That sucks. I'm sorry.

chocolatefrog28 29

You could always just call him "fake dad" and cover all your bases. It might get the point across to him (but he seems like the type not to be sensitive to that sort of thing) that he's being a douche, and it wouldn't be calling him just "dad" anymore.

Ask him if calling him "asshole" would be more appropriate. Or, when the other kids are around, make a point of saying, "Hey you! Ya you- the one who donated his sperm to help conceive mee!" Make that shit awkward as hell for him ;)

You should tell you dad: I have every right to call you that since I am your "son". And if those kids have a problem with it, then tell them to "grow the F-up".

I'd just keep doing it. Unless you still live at home then maybe don't but like me i don't live at home so i'd do it lol

I wouldn't even talk to him anymore. That's just so ****** up in so many different ways; he doesn't deserve the title to begin with. He's right, stop calling him that.

Ouch. I'd be referring to him as Ass Hat from that point on.