By Screwed - 09/11/2012 04:02 - United States - Rockville

Today, my crazy bitch of a boss fired me for inappropriate conduct. Apparently my "fake Nazi accent" is "offensive to our Jewish coworkers." I'm German. I have no way to change the way I speak, or to pay this month's bills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 059
You deserved it 2 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DKjazz 20

"Nazi accent"? Nazi isn't a dialect or a language. It's a political group. What does a libertarian accent sound like, I wonder?

Comments

blcksocks 19

Yeah, What was your boss sinking??

xXxIracebethxXx 14

OP must have turned ashen when they heard they were fired!

Krajjan 9

39's joke is so inappropriate, I feel like I need a shower. Da-dum.

That sounds a bit like discrimination. Sue her ass is about right.

MistaKrista 8

Aren't there lawyers who will take cases before getting paid if they're positive they're going to win?

You where discriminated on the basis of your ethnicity. There are federal statutes that will protect you.

It's called pro bono, if this is what actually happened I'd say you have a good chance of winning.

Actually it's called contingency, when the lawyer defers payment until the case has been settled in the client's favor. Pro bono would mean the lawyer never gets paid, no matter the outcome.

70- here in ok there are lawyers who you don't have to pay a dime unless they win your case

EnigmaThe321 12

Political correctness is far too engrained in our society now. :(

Yup. It has been out of hand for awhile and this is just further proof.

Out of curiosity; have either of you encountered any racist, sexist or homophobic statements directed against you?

Yeah, I once had someone tell me "You're all descended from convicts" and I said "Yeah, that's true." I think it was meant to be offensive or something. In relation to the FML, why would someone assume that, even if someone did put on a fake German accent (which is a ridiculous initial assumption), they would mean for it to be offensive to Jewish people? Entirely agree with 4.

22-I think we can agree that racism, sexism, and homophobia are all bad. But people go too far when opposing them. I saw an article on the news one time about a high-schooler who had painted a mural at his school that depicted a man and a woman getting married. The school painted over it, because they were afraid that it would offend gay students or students with gay parents. There was nothing homophobic about it, they were just paranoid. That was the point of what the two commenters above you said.

madgrinchhatter 12

This isn't political correctness, this is just a stupid boss.

33, Are you Australian? Aside from natives, Australia was colonized by English convicts. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

65- That is true, but most people assume that Australia was the only place England sent their criminals; America was sent criminals before Australia.

Your profile pic just made me burst into laughter... Looks like it should be on an inspirational poster or something. Haha

You could always work at the soup kitchen for Jerry Seinfeld. I've heard they're short on Soup Nazis.

"You want bread" - soup nazi "Uh yes please" - George "3 dollars!" - Soup nazi "You were kissing in my line? No one kisses in my line!" - soup nazi

DKjazz 20

"Nazi accent"? Nazi isn't a dialect or a language. It's a political group. What does a libertarian accent sound like, I wonder?

Just let out a large fart... You'll know then.

Have you never heard a republican speak? It's fairly obvious.

You can either explain to get your job back, or get a new job and be sure to mention that you are German.

Or, better yet, contact the labor board to see if it was even legal for your boss to fire you, with the boss assuming you're a Nazi, due to your race. Unless the OP lives in an At-Will state, that's grounds for illegal termination. Then again, who would want their job back after being treated like that by their boss?

NereidAlbel 14

Even in an at-will state, federal law would make firing somebody over their nationality illegal.

I always here the " that's not legal grounds for termination" reasoning, but you guys know they don't actually put " I thought they were a nazi" on the paperwork. As bullshit as it is, a lot of companies will just put down that you were not keeping up with pace or some other bullshit. It's not like they send out a federal agent to double check everyone who ever gets fired.

zingline89 18

Yikes. Fired over your accent. Bet you did Nazi that coming.

I have the final solution for this problem.

zingline89 18

32 - This is nazi time for final solutions. I kampf believe you are jumping the gun on this one. Anne frankly I am annoyed by it.

kriz_allizwell 6

I hail both of your jokes! No too bad? I'll go back to my cave now...

Krajjan 9

30 - 'Murica! 'MUrica! I refuse to have my country called by some commie pinko socialist name an E in it!