By Da Boss - 05/10/2016 01:19 - Canada - Calgary

Today, my coworker and I agreed to come clean and tell our fellow employees that we have been secretly dating for a while. Before we could, I received a promotion. I'm now his boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 913
You deserved it 1 917

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As long as you're not breaking any policies, you should be alright. Congratulations OP!

qteabutt 12

Now you can be the boss in bed as well -wink wink- Congrats on the promotion though.

Comments

Now you can **** him . . . like a BAWS, literally!

If you work at a restaurant this shouldn't new a problem as, where I worked, everyone was banging each other regardless off their employment position. Bosses and servers, servers and cooks, hostesses and bosses, etc.

species4872 19

The lady always ends up being the boss anyway, and if you guys don't agree think again, she'll just let you think your the boss.

Oh well, shit happens. If your relationship is supposed to work, it will. No matter what life throws at it.

If you were dating before the promotion you can continue to do so. But I would make the relationship known to your boss now so it isn't considered fraternization

It's nobody's business what you do after hours

I agree in principle, but a romantic relationship especially with a boss/subordinate relationship creates a huge conflict of interest and might jeopardize the company if things go south. My employer will reassign workers if they are close friends and affect business operation, contracts, or any other number of things. Appearing to show favoritism can be very bad.

Be careful OP. Depending on your company's rules, conflicts of interest abound. The easiest way would be to have one employee transferred to another work area.

That's gotta make for some strange roleplay situations.