By Anonymous - 22/05/2009 18:39 - United States

Today, my company filed for bankruptcy, but the reorganize kind where it still functions. There are no funds to give out paychecks any time soon. They won't fire me. If I voluntarily quit, I cannot file for unemployment. I'm now an unpaid intern. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 006
You deserved it 2 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, that is illegal (at least in my state). By law they are required to pay you, by the conditions outlined by your employment, for the work you have done for a week by the following Friday, if they can't pay you they have to terminate you.

You best start stealing as much crap as you can then, remember all the money is in Forks, no one wants spoons nowadays.

Comments

Either way, you're not going to get any money. Why don't you just quit? Try finding a new job?

mardog88 0

If htey cut your pay to 0 you can still file i did and they paid me

make them fire you. steal from and/or vandalize the company

#15 that won't help. There is a difference between getting fired and getting laid off. If you are terminated because of lack of funds, downsizing, etc...then you're laid off. Termination by means of vandalism, theft, physical aggression, getting caught with your bare ass on the copy machine, just being a general jackass is getting fired, in which IIRC you may or may not qualify for unemployment that way.

If they cant fire you you should just do all sorts of crazy shit to your boss and coworkers.

you should poop on your boss's lap.

mardog88 0

you should sit at you desk and **********

Show up late as hell. Half ass all the work (aka don't even do it), take long 2-3 hour lunches and use them to go on interviews.leave early.

alphatoomega 21

That would get him fired, yes, but for international misconduct. IANALB I'm pretty sure he couldn't get unemployment anyway then.

wowfmlife 0

stay there but try to get another job while you can