This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By I was in the library - 06/05/2016 23:03 - United States - Olney

Today, my college was put on lockdown because some nut job decided to go on shooting spree near my campus. I have 3 finals on Monday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 507
You deserved it 66

Top comments

because the most traumatizing thing in all the shooting and killing is that you're inconvenienced

It's terrifying how normal you make a shooting spree sound, no hate, but America seems like it needs improvements in gun control.

Comments

It's terrifying how normal you make a shooting spree sound, no hate, but America seems like it needs improvements in gun control.

We need to improve thug and criminal control.

See that's the thing most gun crimes are committed by people who have them illegally anyway. They don't care about the law.

I agree. I think the main issue among pro-gun activists is that they cling too hard to the status quo. Sure, it may sound like they have various reasons, but that's really what it boils down to.

because the most traumatizing thing in all the shooting and killing is that you're inconvenienced

Ct122 3

How is this in the NEARLY FML section? Would he have had to DIE to make it to the real page??

As a fellow Marylander I don't see how your grades take priority over 6 people being shot in a 24 hour period and a gunman on the loose. Just be thankful they got him before he shot more people.

Yeah my mom works for MCPS, and she was on lockdown til around 3 pm. Meanwhile the rest of my family were worried about her because of it.

You were in the library. Lockdown means you can't leave the room without dire need. Maybe study for them instead of making a post trivializing that six more lives were lost to violence, in addition to the hundreds already lost every day? Better yet, maybe read some psychology books and work on your ability to feel sympathy and compassion, because your first gripe with six murders taking place shouldn't be that it inconveniences YOU. Those people are the family and friends of someone out there- chances are, someone you know knew them. And your issues was that them dying meant you couldn't leave a room?

That's ****** up, OP. Is your college library lacking in books and computers? I'm wondering if the college wouldn't take into consideration the violence and how it might affect its students, and maybe make allowances for the exams.