By Jeanna S. - 23/11/2012 15:10 - United States

Today, my cat was too overweight to get out of the litter box, so he gave up, and went to sleep. I had to pick him up out of his own waste and clean him up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 411
You deserved it 28 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KingCeltic77 18

When your cat is too lazy to lift himself out of his own feces, you know it's time to put him on a diet. On the bright side, you don't need to waste money on a cat bed. Like Puss n Boots in Shrek 4.

Comments

littlemsweirdo 12

You're? Prepare for death by grammar nazis! (: Lol

littlemsweirdo 12

How is that relevant to the fml?

Meme consisting or criticizing someone's physique by insinuating that they don't lift weights and therefore not a good bodybuilder. Here it was a play on that meme, making fun of OP having a hard time lifting the cat out of the litterbox; "do you even lift (cats)" maybe? That's my interpretation, anyway. In my opinion not a the best use of a meme I have seen here.

Sounds like you need to be a more responsible pet owner. Having a fat pet is like when you see a child that is overweight. You know the parent has screwed up.

Not always. I rescued two cats, both overweight. I put them on good foods and did everything a pet owner should do to have pets lose weight. One did, one didn't. I took him to the vet, and the vet told me what breed if cat he was mixed with. I can't remember the name right now. But the point was, that breed usually ends up over weight no matter how it is cared for. Kind if a genetic thing. And don't forget, just like people, animals can also have health problems that cause them to be over weight no matter what. In those cases, the best we can do is work with our vets to keep the animal as healthy as possible and hope for the best. I had cared for a cat with diabetes once, and it was not fun considering my huge fear of needles. Having to give him insulin shots twice a day made me feel like an abuser even though he didn't seem to mind them. I would recommend op talk to the vet if it hasn't already been done and try to work out a plan for getting the cat in better shape. A physical wouldn't hurt either to make sure there is nothing hidden going on. My animals go on a regular basis and we missed the diabetes at first. It wasn't until he was acting funny and I took him in for blood work that it was caught. Somehow my rescues always end up costing more in medical care because if not knowing what the precious owner did. Always worth it though. It's like they know they were saved.

^^^ Worth the read, cat lovers. Thanks for the details, #70. I learned a few new things.

Aspen_Grace33 27

70- I want to thumb this up, but it's so long that I can't do it from my phone. I love to hear that some people will do anything to help an animal in need!

Ty. If I bring a pet into my home, I do everything I can for it because it wasn't their choice to come home with me. They are my fur babies. Like a parent, I know I make mistakes sometimes with them, but I hope to learn from them and not repeat them. I do think pet owners should be willing to work with vets to keep their pet in the best shape possible.

You should have just left his ass there so he knows you're not going to deal with a lazy pussy around the house

Hes been sneaking food from the neighbor.

Shadowvoid 33

Maybe you shouldn't play so much fetch with him and overwork his large body, then the cat would have to pass away while passing waste. *it's a reference to an earlier FML from today if you don't get it*

Sounds like how my Ex's cat was. The cat was too fat to clean herself so she got bathed and shaved to help keep her clean! Sorry about your cat, OP!