By tornkhakis - 24/02/2014 07:20 - United States - Bloomington

Today, my cat decided that instead of using the brand-new scratching post I bought him, he was going to use my pant leg while I was asleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 190
You deserved it 4 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy your cat a mannequin wearing some pants to use instead? Actually; Scratch that. It would only end in tears.

Rainhawk94 27

Today the pant leg, tomorrow, the world

Comments

Wait, your username is tornkhakis. Who wears khakis as pajamas?

You've never fallen asleep on your couch or something in regular clothes?

I hadn't thought of the possibility that OP was napping. I saw the word 'asleep' and thought he meant asleep at night.

There's also the possibility that OP was not wearing the pants and the FML is about the fact that the evil cat shredded their pants instead of the scratching post.

ihavenolifehaha 16

Try closing the door when you sleep.

My cat will scratch and cry at the door if I did that. Maybe OP's cat does too?

Did you wake up during the attack or was it a painful morning discovery?

Ah, cats. My cats would rather play with a balled up piece of paper than any of the toys I buy for them. Try sprinkling some catnip on it, or as someone else suggested, catnip spray. Or just accept the fact that you are its slave and, apparently, its scratching post.

Sorry OP, you should know that cats like to do the opposite of what you tell them. They like to mess with your brain.

ileenefudge 29

Cats are not like dogs. They are not your best friend, and you are not the master. It's more like you are lucky to live another day in their presence and they own you. One wrong move and you will be on the hit list. We will never know what day they will be plotting the death of the human race so they can take over the world. Moral of the story: cats are evil vengeful little bastards who wish to see the end of the human race as we know it.

33 people in one year? Thats a very small amount of people, and who says cats wouldnt kill people if they were bigger? Lets look at human deaths by lions and tigers, shall we?

#26, I like how you say MURDERED like dogs have a moral compass. They're animals. Mistreat them, and you can expect to get hurt.

house cats and lions are NOT the same thing. Go back to school.

ileenefudge 29

#40 I was being facetious. At the same time I wasn't expecting anyone to laugh. People here need to lighten up. As for cats or dogs, I'm not a fan of either. Both have the pros and cons but I honestly would rather get a bunny rabbit. :)

DisturbedSRT8 17

This is why I would never own a cat. They get away with everything in society's eyes. Luckily my stepson is allergic to cats!

At least he waited until you were asleep.

beaverteaser 16

Better yet, use real catnip. And get the good stuff. Also try different types of scratching posts. My cat loves this corrugated cardboard "lounger"/scratcher. She'll also use a sisal rope scratcher. Your cat will want to stretch up or out to be able to scratch, so it should be tall enough for him to really get a good scratch going. There's also the Bergan Turbo scratch toy that has a pad of corrugated cardboard in the middle and a ball on an outer ring for your cat to bat at (my cat likes to rest on that).