By Can't Win - 09/09/2012 15:01 - United States - Palatine

Today, my car keys decided to play hide and seek. Good news: I found them under my bed. Bad news: it was after my job interview was scheduled to start. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 091
You deserved it 6 543

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Always keep your car keys in the same spot or else things like these happen!

Dblocker 18

I don't think telling the person interviewing you that you lost a game of hide and seek with your keys is a smart thing to do.

Comments

Use your persistence in looking for the keys as a reason to hire you; it shows you never give up!

Always keep a spare set of car keys hung up in your house.

Yeah thy works great... Unless you have a key like mine with a computer chip that costs $80 just for a spare. Since OP is looking for a job, I doubt he has that much cash

Right, blame it on the car keys because everyone knows keys are sentient.

Welshite - Careful about using difficult words like "sentient" around here. People will think you made it up, much like that imaginary country "Paraguay".

pengin 13

Your car keys decided to play hide and seek? Last time I checked-- they're inanimate objects and can't move. If you weren't up early enough and get your things ready well in advance knowing you have an important job interview-- YDI. Obviously you must not have taken it seriously enough to be prepared and be ready. Hopefully people who are more serious about the job will get the position now. If anything-- you should've atleast called the company to inform them you'd be a little late possibly.

MichellinMan 20

Hey pal, why don't you get off your period. He/she was obviously being sarcastic. This is a website where you laugh; not where you throw a hissy fit over someone losing their keys. Now if you would kindly shut the hell up.

BeforeItWasCool 12

Well... That escalated quickly.

The hide-and-seek part was sarcasm good god and maybe OP did get up early and was leaving at the right time but couldn't find the keys.

shouldn't of slept with that hooker then.

HAHAH...wait, what? This doesn't seem to make any damned sense at all. Oh, and you should have said "Shouldn't have", genius.

MichellinMan 20

Where did you get that? Seriously, out of anything that was written there, you got that.

I don't think that was part of the FML...

The way i wrote it still make sense mr doctor sir, please stop trying.

You see, we have a key bowl to prevent this exact situation.

KiddNYC1O 20

Yep, I have my computer desk.

Ok, Car keys do not play hide and seek, people to lazy about where you keep your keys is the real issue here. I would not give you the job just because of that.

you've never misplaced your keys before? If OP is anything like me, I have a busy life. at times, i may feel overloaded on everything coming my way. a

sry, my phone took a dump while i was in the middle of my other comment. point is, lazy or not, life happens and some are fuller than others on some days.

Smart people don't lose their keys, morons do, because they don't have a set place for them. When I come home the first thing I do, no matter what is put my keys and my wallet in their proper place. And OP obviously DIDN'T have too much going on, he's unemployed!